roland varios

  • dunk_25
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005
      Hi all

      I bought a roland varios on ebay and i cant put the vari303 or vari-8
      update into the varios. But i updated the pro3 and it work in the
      varios.

      Please could angone help me
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
        Did you exactly follow the instructions on how to put files in the
        Varios?
        It's very important to push the right combination of buttons when
        starting up before you put the right files in.
        The documents that explains this procedure can be found at
        www.roland.com

        regards

        Tom
      • Freddy Sunder
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
          Anyone knows if there are any updates planned on the VariOS?
          We were promised that this module would do more than just sampling and
          synthing.
          But apart from those 2 I never heard any other way of implementing the
          VariOS in a setup.
          I asked Roland about this early this year, at the Frankfurt Musikmesse,
          GE, but they couldn't tell what Roland had planned with it.
          And if they don't know who does, and that can only mean 1 thing: the
          road they're walking with thisunit, is a dead end.
          If there are no plans for further updates/upgrades, I'm considering
          selling the unit.

          It would be great to hear other companies or independent programmers are
          making software for this unit, because I liked the possibilities Roland
          predicted for this tool. But I didn't quite see the results...
          Any news?
        • wigworlduk
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 19, 2005
            Have you already checked out:
            http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may05/articles/rolandvc1.htm

            and

            http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct05/articles/rolandvsynthxt.htm

            --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, Freddy Sunder <freddysunder@y...>
            wrote:

            > Anyone knows if there are any updates planned on the VariOS?
            > We were promised that this module would do more than just sampling
            and
            > synthing.
            > But apart from those 2 I never heard any other way of implementing
            the
            > VariOS in a setup.
            > I asked Roland about this early this year, at the Frankfurt
            Musikmesse,
            > GE, but they couldn't tell what Roland had planned with it.
            > And if they don't know who does, and that can only mean 1 thing:
            the
            > road they're walking with thisunit, is a dead end.
            > If there are no plans for further updates/upgrades, I'm considering
            > selling the unit.
            >
            > It would be great to hear other companies or independent
            programmers are
            > making software for this unit, because I liked the possibilities
            Roland
            > predicted for this tool. But I didn't quite see the results...
            > Any news?

          • dunk_25
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 20, 2005
              Hi all
              I cant record into any of the channels in realtime in varios.
            • dunk_25
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
                Ihave a roland varios and it wont read the start of the groove scope,
                pleasecan anyone me on this problem, many thanks
              • dunk_25
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
                  Hi all

                  i was wonding if there will be anymore upgrade for the roland varios.