Re: I keep hearing ghost town sounds in here.

  • ridszero
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
      Yeah, that was the only way I could afford a VP. I waited till
      the price was slashed. I bought mine used from a studio down in
      California for about $1100. It came loaded with 136 mb Ram and they
      gave me a copy of the receipt so I can get the V-Producer software
      (hopefully). I got it back in March, but I'm I hardly have scratched
      the surface yet. My accounting classes keep me busy, but I starting
      to get into it as of late.
      What kind of stuff is on your Roland library zip disks?

      > I can fit upto 6
      > Roland VP9000 Library zip discs onto 1 cd-r. It now loads like 10
      > times faster. I love it!!!!
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > Thomas

      Dang, I'm going to have to try that. That is, once I figure out what
      wrong with my Mac. I get errors after loading my Motu 828 software.
      Once I figure that out, I can start to have more fun making music.
      I'm glad I have a VP though. I can't wait to get dirty with this
      thing!

      Over and out with peace all about,

      Nick
    • dj_kypski
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2002
        Hi Ridzero,

        So are you having fun with your VP yet? I keep meaning to do more
        sampling but I cant stop playing with the ones I have.

        The kind of stuff that is on my VP zip disks are some gospel vocals
        which i think is kind of wack only because the vocals are like the
        same thing every 7 samples. There is hardly any variation. Honestly I
        think some of the original boxes they shipped in are nicer than the
        actual sounds.

        There is also some semi-good pop vocals and some really good world
        and ethnic vocals.

        Suprisingly , the disc I like most is the one the shipped free with
        all VP-9000 units. I love that disc. So , if you get a cd rom unit
        that is the first disc you should play.

        Take care!

        Thomas

        > Yeah, that was the only way I could afford a VP. I waited
        till
        > the price was slashed. I bought mine used from a studio down in
        > California for about $1100. It came loaded with 136 mb Ram and they
        > gave me a copy of the receipt so I can get the V-Producer software
        > (hopefully). I got it back in March, but I'm I hardly have
        scratched
        > the surface yet. My accounting classes keep me busy, but I starting
        > to get into it as of late.
        > What kind of stuff is on your Roland library zip disks?
        >

        > > I can fit upto 6
        > > Roland VP9000 Library zip discs onto 1 cd-r. It now loads like 10
        > > times faster. I love it!!!!
        > >
        > > Peace,
        > >
        > > Thomas
        >

        > Dang, I'm going to have to try that. That is, once I figure out
        what
        > wrong with my Mac. I get errors after loading my Motu 828 software.
        > Once I figure that out, I can start to have more fun making music.
        > I'm glad I have a VP though. I can't wait to get dirty with this
        > thing!
        >
        > Over and out with peace all about,
        >
        > Nick
      • Shawn Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2002

          Hi Folks

          I just bought one and it should be coming via the mail Friday or so. I've never owned a sampler, but thought this one would be fun to use on a current little project that I am working on. I have a modest home recording area and use a Roland VS1680 and some outboard gear.

          DJ Kypski, are you saying that the unit came with sounds and thoses are the ones you like to use? What does it come with....in terms of sounds. I bought it strickly to resample some recordings that I am working on, etc. That would be really great to start out with some extra sounds!!

          Thomas, how are those sounds on all the Roland Library disks you have? Are they worth buying?

          Does anyone have any cool success stories of how they like to use this device?

          Bye for now

          Shawn

           dj_kypski wrote:

          Hi Ridzero,

          So are you having fun with your VP yet? I keep meaning to do more
          sampling but I cant stop playing with the ones I have.

          The kind of stuff that is on my VP zip disks are some gospel vocals
          which i think is kind of wack only because the vocals are like the
          same thing every 7 samples. There is hardly any variation. Honestly I
          think some of the original boxes they shipped in are nicer than the
          actual sounds.

          There is also some semi-good pop vocals and some really good world
          and ethnic vocals.

          Suprisingly , the disc I like most is the one the shipped free with
          all VP-9000 units. I love that disc. So , if you get a cd rom unit
          that is the first disc you should play.

          Take care!

          Thomas

          >       Yeah, that was the only way I could afford a VP. I waited
          till
          > the price was slashed. I bought mine used from a studio down in
          > California for about $1100. It came loaded with 136 mb Ram and they
          > gave me a copy of the receipt so I can get the V-Producer software
          > (hopefully). I got it back in March, but I'm I hardly have
          scratched
          > the surface yet. My accounting classes keep me busy, but I starting
          > to get into it as of late.
          >       What kind of stuff is on your Roland library zip disks?
          >

          > > I can fit upto 6
          > > Roland VP9000 Library zip discs onto 1 cd-r. It now loads like 10
          > > times faster. I love it!!!!
          > >
          > > Peace,
          > >
          > > Thomas
          >

          > Dang, I'm going to have to try that. That is, once I figure out
          what
          > wrong with my Mac. I get errors after loading my Motu 828 software.
          > Once I figure that out, I can start to have more fun making music.
          > I'm glad I have a VP though. I can't wait to get dirty with this
          > thing!
          >
          > Over and out with peace all about,
          >
          > Nick

          Do You Yahoo!?