Thinking bout buying a VP-9000...

  • darealspikey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hey guys!
      I´m thinking bout buying one but I´ve heard it can be really
      complicated and lotsa bugz. I can get a used one with max RAM and am
      thinking bout using it when remixing. I will mainly use it for vocals
      and drum loops. Is it complicated to operate? I´ve worked with lotsa
      samplers before but always end up selling them cause it takes a huge
      amount of time making programs...is the VP-9000 faster to work with?
      Are there any "wizard" which improves makes it faster/easier or?? All
      feedback is welcome, I mean its so cheap now there has to be a
      downside??

      Peace!
      /SpikeY (Sweden)
    • sbjfine
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
        SpikeY,

        I find it quite intuitive to use. There aren't too many menus and if
        you've used other samplers and midi equipment before then it
        shouldn't present you with too much difficulty. There are 2 things
        which would make your life easier

        1) Vproducer and Vtrainer software - PC front end interfaces and
        editors to create programs and encode samples - ask if your VP9000
        seller has this software - if not I think there was a copy in the
        files section of this group
        2) There is a training video for the VP9000 - which I dont have but
        have heard is quite good

        If the price is OK you should go for it.

        Good luck,

        Simon :)

        --- In vp9000@y..., "darealspikey" <spikeyman@s...> wrote:
        > Hey guys!
        > I´m thinking bout buying one but I´ve heard it can be really
        > complicated and lotsa bugz. I can get a used one with max RAM and
        am
        > thinking bout using it when remixing. I will mainly use it for
        vocals
        > and drum loops. Is it complicated to operate? I´ve worked with
        lotsa
        > samplers before but always end up selling them cause it takes a
        huge
        > amount of time making programs...is the VP-9000 faster to work
        with?
        > Are there any "wizard" which improves makes it faster/easier or??
        All
        > feedback is welcome, I mean its so cheap now there has to be a
        > downside??
        >
        > Peace!
        > /SpikeY (Sweden)
      • dj_kypski
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
          Yes and in addition to what Simon wrote , also check out the VP9000
          brochure that is at the bottom of the files section here in this
          group.

          It should provide some very useful info such as how the VP9000 only
          has two layers to deal with (perfomance and sample) . Most Roland
          samplers have like 4 or 5 layers to deal with (s770 ,anyone?) Its
          the first roland sampler I ever found easy to use actually.

          Oh yes, and as Simon pointed out , you can find the V-Producer & V-
          Trainer software right here in our group. I just used it last night
          and it is sooooo neat (and looks expensive too) !

          Well, bye bye!

          Thomas

          --- In vp9000@y..., "sbjfine" <sbjfine@y...> wrote:
          > SpikeY,
          >
          > I find it quite intuitive to use. There aren't too many menus and
          if
          > you've used other samplers and midi equipment before then it
          > shouldn't present you with too much difficulty. There are 2 things
          > which would make your life easier
          >
          > 1) Vproducer and Vtrainer software - PC front end interfaces and
          > editors to create programs and encode samples - ask if your VP9000
          > seller has this software - if not I think there was a copy in the
          > files section of this group
          > 2) There is a training video for the VP9000 - which I dont have but
          > have heard is quite good
          >
          > If the price is OK you should go for it.
          >
          > Good luck,
          >
          > Simon :)
          >
          > --- In vp9000@y..., "darealspikey" <spikeyman@s...> wrote:
          > > Hey guys!
          > > I´m thinking bout buying one but I´ve heard it can be really
          > > complicated and lotsa bugz. I can get a used one with max RAM and
          > am
          > > thinking bout using it when remixing. I will mainly use it for
          > vocals
          > > and drum loops. Is it complicated to operate? I´ve worked with
          > lotsa
          > > samplers before but always end up selling them cause it takes a
          > huge
          > > amount of time making programs...is the VP-9000 faster to work
          > with?
          > > Are there any "wizard" which improves makes it faster/easier or??
          > All
          > > feedback is welcome, I mean its so cheap now there has to be a
          > > downside??
          > >
          > > Peace!
          > > /SpikeY (Sweden)
        • darealspikey
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
            Thanks a million guys!

            I´m gonna check out the broschure and stuff. I get back to u once I
            bought it... ;)

            /SpikeY