Re: V-Synth as a musical instrument

  • dwaldman6
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
      The V-Synth is a freakshow...a hands-on goggle box of pure
      psonic pleasure, ideally suited for experimental music.

      The other synths in my rig am the following already:

      Alesis Andromeda (a hard-wired modular IMHO)
      Waldorf Q (banana yellow synth of doom)
      Korg Triton
      Korg MS2000
      Doepfer A-100 modular

      So quite a diverse palette there. The V-Synth fills a region of
      brain poo I call "savant merde," in other words, the terror zone of
      sound manglation. Impossibly fun & utterly irreplaceable. Quite
      possibly the ultimate niche synth, by no means bread and butter,
      but rather pesto and hard-tack. That made no sense, did it?

      I've been able to explore the worlds between sound with the
      V-Synth; it forms the third wheel in my troika of dissonant horror,
      along with the Andromeda and Q. The V is not only the best
      looking synth in my rig, but also it packs beef, pork, chicken, veal
      and some strange stinky vegetable behind each and every
      keypress.

      Cherish the durn thing already!
    • schmackofanz
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
        . The V is not only the best
        > looking synth in my rig, but also it packs beef, pork, chicken, veal
        > and some strange stinky vegetable behind each and every
        > keypress.

        Sorry but as a V-egetarian i have to disagree with you.
        I associate the V-synth with all kinds of strange fruits of passion and exotic flowers but
        non of the dead animals that you mentioned!
        ;-)

        It really is an audio microscope that lets you explore the sound between the sound!

        Hans