Re: [TGC] Another exercise, and Sutton's plan...

  • thedeedge1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
      ---OK....I can't resist.......
      To the tune of the old nursery rhyme:
      THE NOT-SO-BITSY SPIDER
      CAME OUT BEFORE THE "X"
      AND THOUGH THEY WERE A CHALLANGE
      THE SPIRIT DID NOT "VEX"
      THEN GODDESS MADE ONE UP HERSELF
      WITH SUTTON'S "TWO-CENTS" IN
      NOW DEEDGE'S MIND AND FINGERS
      ARE TANGLED UP AGAIN!

      disclaimer:
      the author above has been exposed to Sutton's evil plot to
      rule the world,and is therefore not responsible for his ramblings)
      deedge

      In The-Guitar-Cafe@y..., Goddess <thefates@e...> wrote:
      > sutton, ya slay me!!! lol!
      >
      > Smiles,

      > P.S. Neither I nor The guitar Cafe, take responsibility for any
      pain,
      > suffering, injury, or death which may or may by implication, be
      inncurred
      > by the practice of Sutton's modification to my hitherto nice,
      friendly, and
      > otherwise benevelant little exercise. Play nice, and stay safe.
      K? lol!

      > At 09:51 PM 7/31/01 -0700, you wrote:
      > >Oh dear! what have i done? LOL
      > >
      > >Uh, yeah Goddess, I think you have the general idea.
      > >
      > >> another exercise I like, and then reveal sutton's
      > >> plans to take over THE
      > >> WORLD!!! *laughing* -just kidding, actually, on
      > >
      > >Today the fretboard, tomorrow the world.
      > >
      > >On second thought, tomorrow the fretboard, the world
      > >the following day.
      > >
      > >On reflection, very soon now, just as soon as I master
      > >this excercise...
      > >
      > >> Smiles,
      > >>
      > >> G-Girl
      > >>
      > >> "The only things I really think are important, are
      > >> love, and eachother.
      > >> -Then, anything is possible..."
      > >>

      > >Well, theoretically, but if you turn blue while
      > >holding your breath, I suggest you start breating
      > >again.
      > >
      > >Now then, having taking a class in probablity.
      > >
      > >1) How many possible ways are there to do this
      > >excercise?
      > >
      > >2) What's the probablity that you will make a mistake?
      > >
      > >For the first note, there is one of four choices, one
      > >in three for the second, one two for the third, and
      > >the last choice is given.
      > >
      > >This is 4*3*2*1 or 25 unique patterns. This is also
      > >known as four factorial or "4!". For those of you
      > >tired of that old pentatonic, relief is just around
      > >the corner.
      > >
      > >With six choices of strings, our number becomses 6*4!
      > >or 150 possibilities. Sadly, there at least two flaws
      > >to this, because as soon as we move from one string to
      > >the next, we really ought to be able to reuse any of
      > >our fingers. Well if we can do that, then why not
      > >reuse any of them at anytime. Hmmm. Well it's your
      > >choice.
      > >
      > >If we reuse fingers, our base number goes from 4! to
      > >4^4 or 256. Multiply this by six strings and we get
      > >1536 possible ways to play four note patterns. I like
      > >this number a little better, because it allows you to
      > >play the same note more than once and it also allows
      > >you to use the same finger consecutively, but on
      > >different strings.
      > >
      > >We now have more than one answer to the first
      > >question. I feel comfortable with that.
      > >
      > >This being the case, we ought to be able to generate
      > >either tab, or better yet, classical notation for each
      > >of the possibilities. I mean, why not learn to read
      > >while were at it? It may actually turn out to be
      > >easier.
      > >
      > >Anyway, just a thought!
      > >
      > >Now as to the second question, this will be a bit more
      > >difficult to calculate.... I'll get back to you on
      > >that one, just as soon as I take over the world.

      > >Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!
      Messenger

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > ---
      >
      > "The only things I really think are important, are love, and
      eachother.
      > -Then, anything is possible..."
    • Sutton Reid
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
        while chewing gum
        > really get it going with a metronome, and then it's
        > like OH MY GOD!!!
        > lollollol! <smile> night night...
        >
        > Smiles,

        Lets see -

        1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4, uh, no wait

        OK again -
        1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4, uh, let me try that again, but slower

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Sutton Reid
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
          --- Goddess <thefates@...> wrote:
          > P.S. Neither I nor The guitar Cafe, take
          > responsibility for any pain,
          > suffering, injury, or death which may or may by
          > implication, be inncurred
          > by the practice of Sutton's modification to my
          > hitherto nice, friendly, and
          > otherwise benevelant little exercise. Play nice,
          > and stay safe. K? lol!

          You mean you put this together without consulting an
          attorney? At least that explains why you can give it away!

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Sutton Reid
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
            --- thedeedge1@... wrote:
            > ---OK....I can't resist.......
            > To the tune of the old nursery rhyme:
            > THE NOT-SO-BITSY SPIDER
            > CAME OUT BEFORE THE "X"
            > AND THOUGH THEY WERE A CHALLANGE
            > THE SPIRIT DID NOT "VEX"
            > THEN GODDESS MADE ONE UP HERSELF
            > WITH SUTTON'S "TWO-CENTS" IN
            > NOW DEEDGE'S MIND AND FINGERS
            > ARE TANGLED UP AGAIN!

            This is SO funny! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

            > disclaimer:
            > the author above has been exposed to
            > Sutton's evil plot to
            > rule the world,and is therefore not responsible for
            > his ramblings)
            > deedge

            I'm not buying this one. I think you have probably
            been this way long before you met me.

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          • thedeedge1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
              --- In The-Guitar-Cafe@y..., Sutton Reid <suttonreid@y...> wrote:

              > --- thedeedge1@y... wrote:
              > > ---OK....I can't resist.......
              > > To the tune of the old nursery rhyme:
              > > THE NOT-SO-BITSY SPIDER
              > > CAME OUT BEFORE THE "X"
              > > AND THOUGH THEY WERE A CHALLANGE
              > > THE SPIRIT DID NOT "VEX"
              > > THEN GODDESS MADE ONE UP HERSELF
              > > WITH SUTTON'S "TWO-CENTS" IN
              > > NOW DEEDGE'S MIND AND FINGERS
              > > ARE TANGLED UP AGAIN!
              > >

              > This is SO funny! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
              >
              > > disclaimer:
              > > the author above has been exposed to
              > > Sutton's evil plot to
              > > rule the world,and is therefore not responsible for
              > > his ramblings)
              > > deedge
              > >

              > I'm not buying this one. I think you have probably
              > been this way long before you met me.
              SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't TELL anybody!!!!.....I've got 'em
              ALL fooled!!!!!!!

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
                --- thedeedge1@... wrote:

                > SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't TELL