Re: [TGC] dumb co-moderator apologises

  • Goddess
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2003
      Thanks Blue, -was just going to send ya a note to see if you'd do the
      honors on this one. I've banned five or so already. EEK! What's with
      the spam level these days?!
      I'm reluctant to change the membership to restricted, since I've been
      able to generally catch spam addresses as they join, but if it increases,
      I'll consider it if nobody minds...
      Have a nice spam-free day All! -and thanks again, Blue!...

      Smiles,

      Cara

      At 12:37 PM 7/28/03 +0100, you wrote:
      >Hi all
      >
      >Sorry about the recent sex spam here - the group is still currently on open
      >membership so such things can get through, but I only just remembered I am
      >co-mod here and can take action to ban people from such activity.
      >
      >So I did.
      >
      >Apologies for my slow response to this matter, I'll do better in future if
      >we're unlucky enough to get any more.
      >
      >Blue
      >the half-asleep co-moc
      >

      >---
      >
      > Please visit The Stage, located in our Files area, where you can hear
      the latest music from the cafe's patrons, or feel free to add your own!

      >If you like The Guitar Cafe, plese visit our Bookmarks area where you'll
      find other lists and sites you might also enjoy.

      >Questions or comments for the moderatrix? Please send them to:
      The-Guitar-Cafe-Owner@yahoogroups.com

      ---

      -Then, anything is possible..."

      http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

      Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.

    • Goddess
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2003
        Agreed, somebody really needs to finally do something about this across
        the board I think. This is absolutely ridiculous.

        Smiles,

        Cara