ATTN: List rules and promo days

  • Adrianne Brennan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
      Promo days on this list are on WEDNESDAYS only. I'm seeing a lot of people coming in and breaking this rule. Please read the list rules before posting.

      I have themed excerpt days on this list every weekday, so if you have something in that theme to share, please do! All I ask is that you include the rating, title, and author, and please feel free to include blurbs, covers, and buy links. Just remember that it's NOT for promotion, only for excerpts.

      Here's the schedule as a reminder:

      Monday: Paranormal excerpt day
      Tuesday: Science fiction/fantasy excerpt day
      Wednesday: Promo days (anything goes!)
      Thursday: LGBT excerpt day
      Friday: Adult themed (read: erotic and explicitly erotic) themed excerpt day

      The list rules get sent out monthly, and reminders on days get sent out on a regular basis. I do understand that sometimes people forget what lists have what days and rules, and I know how chaotic it can be trying to self-promote. So if it happens once or twice, don't worry about it--I'll just send you a reminder. But if you're a repeat offender and you're ignoring my emails to cease and desist, I will boot you off this list--and I'm sad to say that's actually happened more than once.

      I do my best to keep things loose and non-draconian around here, so if you have any questions or problems, feel free to email me offlist. Also, if you have a new release or something timed like a chat or an event that you couldn't get out on the promo day without it being too late, just shoot me a private email and I'll give you the okay to post it. I DO make exceptions for personal requests and am pretty reasonable. :)

      QUICK NOTE: I am implementing a change to the rules as of today. Please, if you're going away on vacation or prefer web only, set the setting to "Special Notices". I VERY rarely send them out but when I do, they're pretty important. I never, ever abuse this feature, use it for promo, or anything like that. Anyone who was on no email I've now set to special notices instead. Your inboxes will NOT be spammed, I promise. But if I need to reach the entire list for whatever reason, I have no way of doing so if half of you are set to no email with no guarantee of when you'll check the list's website.

      Love & Magic,
      Adrianne