Re: Reminder - Galveston Sunday drum circle

  • Aazari
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2003
      If you go straight down Broadway from I-45, it's a left. ;-)

      Aazari

      The Art of Jolie E. Bonnette
      http://www.aazari.com/art/
    • TexasDrumsDances@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 7, 2003

        Galveston Sunday drum circle

        Date: Sunday, August 10, 2003
        Time: 9:00PM - 12:00AM CDT (GMT-05:00)

        Whiskey Blues, 25th & Post Office St., Galveston, 9 until
        midnight, no cover, over 18 unless accompanied by parents, Very
        welcoming, dozens of drummers turn up some evenings
      • TexasDrumsDances@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 14, 2003

          Galveston Sunday drum circle

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 21, 2003

            Galveston Sunday drum circle

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 28, 2003

              Galveston Sunday drum circle

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 4, 2003

                Galveston Sunday drum circle

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 11, 2003

                  Galveston Sunday drum circle

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 18, 2003

                    Galveston Sunday drum circle

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 23, 2003
                      Peace to All,

                      This past Sunday, at the personal invitation of a woman I'd met here in Houston during her visit,I attended my first Galveston drum circle at Whiskey Blues. I walked in not recognizing anyone I encountered - .
                      It turned out great!
                      It's nice to be treated well when there is no reason other than the goodness of good folks. Mamadou Sidibi, who hailed from Guinea,was one of the the good people I met that night. We had a great time trading licks back and forth between jun-jun and jembe.
                      I started seeing familiar faces like Peter, whose brother is a former student of mine and Traci, whose dancing set the floor on fire!. It's always great to interact with dancers who can give clean marks and accept cues.
                      The participants were kind and giving. I met some great people. It amazed me to see people listening to each other while playing.Some of the circles that
                      I've attended in niteclubs have sometimes been disappointing because folks were often too high/too caught up in personal issues to HEAR each other playing. It was very minimal and short-termed here. This kind of spirit-energy and humility always leads to good things. I was drawn to this circle without fully knowing why - at first. Now I am very clear...To all the beautiful brothers and sisters I met - I will be back.... and THANK YOU!

                      Peace always in all ways,
                      baba ifalade

                      Date: Sunday, September 21, 2003
                      Time: 9:00PM - 12:00AM CDT (GMT-05:00)

                      Whiskey Blues, 25th & Post Office St., Galveston, 9 until
                      midnight, no cover, over 18 unless accompanied by parents, Very
                      welcoming, dozens of drummers turn up some evenings

                      TEXASDRUMS COMMUNITY WEB SITE:
                      http://www.texasdrums.org
                      This is YOUR community service announcement outlet for hand drum and dance for our Region, including Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Colorado and Oklahoma.
                      CLICK THIS LINK TO FIND A DRUMCIRCLE
                      http://www.drums.org/TexasDrums/citycircles.htm
                      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><>
                      List you event on our Calendar www.yahoogroups.com/calendar/TexasDrumsDances ~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~
                      Visit Djembe-L FAQ on drums.org for more drum info, West African rhythms, drumcircles, teachers, notations, Study Camps, shekere,drum building, etc.
                      ~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~
                      Our drums.org DrumStore is affiliated with Musician's Friend, where you get great deals in drums and homerecording equipment: www.drums.org/djembefaq/drumstore.htm
                      GOING ON VACATION?
                      TexasDrumsDances-nomail@yahoogroups.com
                      PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER with Mail Washer Pro
                      Text link to free download of MailWasher Pro page

                      rev 09-01-03

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 25, 2003

                        Galveston Sunday drum circle

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 2, 2003