Re: [TexasCzechs] Sorry: private e-mail to the group.

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
      Steve, I actually think folks were glad to hear from you and what you are up to these days.  I have missed seeing postings by you.

      I, personally, have been nervously waiting for a "tsk-tsk!" from Sir John for not reading the address line a couple of times and sending a personal message to the whole group instead of an individual.  At least recently, I haven't said anything in those accidental messages that has caused grieve (Look of consternation upon thinking over a past faux pas!)

      But heck, the list has been pretty tame lately.  Someone ought to stir something up.  (Smile)

      Susan
    • Steve Alvarez
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
        Well

        What I need to stir things up is Lady Lois.  I have not heard from her for some time now.  My alter ego has disappeared.

        God Bless
        Steve Alvarez
        salvarez@...
        "Genealogy Without Documentation is Mythology"
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
        Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

        Steve, I actually think folks were glad to hear from you and what you are up to these days.  I have missed seeing postings by you.

        I, personally, have been nervously waiting for a "tsk-tsk!" from Sir John for not reading the address line a couple of times and sending a personal message to the whole group instead of an individual.  At least recently, I haven't said anything in those accidental messages that has caused grieve (Look of consternation upon thinking over a past faux pas!)

        But heck, the list has been pretty tame lately.  Someone ought to stir something up.  (Smile)

        Susan
      • John L. Mikeska
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
          Susan!

          You make Sir John sound like a perfectionist!  That he is not!  <G>

          If ya want to stir something up, we might try to make some Chicken Soup with the feet and all ingredients.  Save a BIG bowl for Steve!

          Personally, I believe the list is doing very well.  The TexasCzechs list is somewhat different from other lists in that we have our genealogy, but lot of personal/daily/whatever activity we share with each other.  I believe this makes our list interesting.  I have learned a lot of Czech history from these postings.  I now really appreciate the shower I am able to take after reading how the weekly bath water was used among the family.

          These postings are interesting, share the life of our forefathers and family, plus some of the pretty girls/ladies know how to pick cotton, tend the goats, care for the horses, and still make clothes from flour/feed sacks, mend the boys/men's work clothes, cook, doctor, etc. Many of my ancestors wives died before the men, and no wonder after I learned what they had to do.

          But, must admit we have had a message or two, or three, from time to time, of the possibility of cutting down on the "Thank yous'", etc..  Some might enjoy these postings, and many others have other list they belong to, resulting in hundred(s) of postings a day to go through.  It would be a help to the list if these personal notes would be sent in private, really...

          So, Susan, you got a book out of me!!!!  Didn't mean it, and took some time to do as I still have the left wrist in a cast from fall three weeks ago on wet sidewalk; the arm now in a sling from fall last Friday at home, landing on the concrete porch - I did not know damaged muscles and shoulder socket out of alignment hurt so much!!!!  The doctor and kids have me where they think I am safe, in the house and took keys away from the car until I get through with this strong muscle relaxant and pain reliever!  HA!  They forgot about the riding lawn mower!!!!

          Till the next fall (autumn, I hope), Sir John is being Humble!!!!

        • Lois Pereira
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
            She's here about once a week or two. So tired. Thinking about going out
            and getting me a concealed gun license. I just have this deep neep to go
            out and kill something. I feel like that woman who drowned her 5
            children. That is why you never heard me say a bad word against her. I
            am suffering from depression because the radiation killed my pituatary
            and we have to get me fixed up with all the pills I will need to take.
            It is such a sloooow process. I am not used to being sad, depressed and
            just feeling inadequate. I am still a B... so at least this darn tumor
            didn't take everything away from me : ). The dr. said this depression
            is not a mental condition but just a case of me being sick and it will
            go away. So guys I am lurking whenever I can. I will also try to
            contribute when I can. Someone has to keep Sir John, Rick and Steve in
            line..........lois

            Steve Alvarez wrote:

            > Well What I need to stir things up is Lady Lois. I have not heard
            > from her for some time now. My alter ego has disappeared.
            > God Bless
            > Steve Alvarez
            > salvarez@...
            > "Genealogy Without Documentation is Mythology"
            > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
            > Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek
            >

            > Steve, I actually think folks were glad to hear from you and
            > what you are up to these days. I have missed seeing
            > postings by you. I, personally, have been nervously waiting
            > for a "tsk-tsk!" from Sir John for not reading the address
            > line a couple of times and sending a personal message to the
            > whole group instead of an individual. At least recently, I
            > haven't said anything in those accidental messages that has
            > caused grieve (Look of consternation upon thinking over a
            > past faux pas!) But heck, the list has been pretty tame
            > lately. Someone ought to stir something up. (Smile) Susan
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            [Click Here!]

            Lois Petter Pereira
          • Lois Pereira
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001

              The doctor and kids have me where they think I am safe,
              in the house and took keys away from the car until I get through with
              this strong muscle relaxant and pain reliever! HA! They forgot
              about the riding lawn mower!!!!

              Now I can just picture the people in Beaumont looking out of their
              windows as Sir John is tooling down to the local computer shop for more
              pooter stuff....lois

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Lois Petter Pereira
            • salvarez@pcai.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
                Hi Lady Lois

                Since you posted to the group, I think I will reply to the group.
                Even though there might be a few nasty remarks about that.

                I know you are tough enough to pull through all this. And I am also
                glad to hear at least you are still a B ....!! Just shows how deep it
                runs.(smile)

                Of course I am concerned about the terms "concealed gun license"
                and "lurking" in the same letter. Long ago we had a discussion about
                some crazy czech women attacking me with a beer bottle. So I am going
                to be sure and look in those dark shadows at night.(grin)

                Anyway, enough of the nice talk. You take care of yourself and do
                what the Doctors tell you. Posting to the group might help you from
                thinking to much about other things.

                BTW if you see a large man coming down the sidewalk on a riding
                lawnmower, Run, it might be Sir John and on his medicene.

                Posting from work
                God Bless
                Steve Alvarez
              • Mary Holy
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
                  Lois
                  I hope you are feeling better soon. I know it not fun be under the weather.
                  Mary (Soukup) Holy

                  > She's here about once a week or two. So tired.
                • Jan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
                    Thank goodness you Czechs started talking again.  Maybe I've missed it, but I have not seen very much "talking" going on lately (as I've been lurking....)   : - )
                    Jan

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 10, 2001
                      It is so nice to see you posting again. I need to send you
                      the Frydek listing later. Please remind me. I will not post
                      the updated version to the webpage until I do one final walk
                      in December to trible check my work. I don't think there
                      are an errors, but for my own piece of mind, I am going to
                      trible check it.

                      Steve