Fw: Translator

  • Cindy Harvey
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
      I received this request this morning. Can someone help to put Vikki in
      touch with a translator? Thanks very much.

      Cindy

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
        The Czech Cultural Center Houston can translate information, please contact
        Effie Rosene. The Center is currently located in Northwest Mall, the phone
        number is 713-686-6362.
      • Lois Pereira
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
          Instead of her paying for a service why doesn't she scan it and put it
          out for the group. Between all of us we can figure it out......lois

          Cindy Harvey wrote:

          > I received this request this morning. Can someone help to put Vikki
          > in
          > touch with a translator? Thanks very much.
          >
          > Cindy

          Lois Petter Pereira
        • Cindy Harvey
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
            Thanks Lois.  I forwarded the offer to her and also invited her to join the group.

            Cindy
            Instead of her paying for a service why doesn't she scan it and put it
            out for the group. Between all of us we can figure it out......lois

          • John L. Mikeska
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
              Cindy,

              Lois suggestion is a good one. Can your friend scan the obituary and paste it in a message?  Probably would help to increase the print size as newsprint comes out smaller at times.  There are several Czech speaking members on the list and believe someone might translate it and return it to your friend.

              If not, I'll send it privately to our member in the Czech Republic for translation, as I am not sure if he is reading out list now.  I have two friends (a Czech and one in Poland) and a cousin who will translate the obituary, I think <G>  My cousin does not have internet at the home but checks his mail every few weeks.

              Sir John

              Cindy Harvey wrote:

              > I received this request this morning.  Can someone help to put Vikki
              > in
              > touch with a translator?  Thanks very much.
              >
              > Cindy

              Lois Petter Pereira