Germans to America

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2001
      Does anyone in the group own the "Germans to America" books who would do a lookup?  I am looking for the Michael Sommerfeld family from Schokken, Wongrowitz, Posen, Prussia.  They are on the 1870 census for Washington County, TX, so they must have immigrated in 1860's.  We believed they came through Galveston but haven't found the record there, so maybe they came in at another port and transshipped.

      Pat Sommerfeld Lyon
      patsroar@...
      Researching paternal line from Posen, probably Schokken (Skoki) Posen:  Sommerfeld, Behnke, Schulz, Baier/Beyer, Naumann, Knuppel, Buro, Schwartz, Miihlhause, Zellmer, Zander, Anz