Re: Country Cousins by Millie Jean Pechacek Welch

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2001
      There are no MARAK's, but there are some MARIK and MAREK's.

      Mr. Marek
      m. Georgia Marie Charanza (b. 15 Jul 1945, dau. of Joseph Frank
      Charanza and Frances Josephine Gaas)

      Their children:

      Randal Marek
      b. 5 Oct 1961
      Michael Marek
      b. 6 Jun 1964

      Stanislav (Stanley) Marik
      1874-1969

      m. 17 Oct 1905, Praha, Fayette, TX

      Wife: Anna Maria Greive
      b. 10 Dec 1884
      d. 1959
      dau of Frank Greive and Mary Rosenauer

      This is not in the book, but is information that I have gathered from
      the TX Birth, Death and Marriage info online as well as parish
      registers for Our Lady of Asssumption Catholic Church in Praha

      Stanislav/Stanley Marik d. 18 May 1969 in Fayette Co., TX

      From Parish registers of Our Lady of Assumption, Praha, TX

      Thomas Marik, son of Stanislav and Anna Maria Marik (above)
      b. 22 Jun 1908

      m. 2 Sep 1947 to Julia Prihoda
    • RAY J. BACAK
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2001
        When I was a boy, I used to work in a service station in Flatonia (1959-1961 time frame) and Stanley Marek (Marik?) used to come in with his open air Model T about once a week, chugging to a stop, and would lift the passenger seat off and ask for two gallons of gasoline in the tank underneath.  Knew his some Tommy and his wife Julie too.  Ray Bacak, Moulton