Re: [TexasCzechs] Mary: Tombstone help

  • Mary J. Heard
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
      Steve,

      Glad you concur.  I thought I recognized those words when I saw your message and then I looked them up just to make sure.

      Just as there were many German people living in the border areas of the Czech lands down through the years, so too have many Germans lived in the border areas of Poland.  And the boundaries have also changed.  My mother's family originates in such an area and I have translated many Polish documents in researching this line.  The family never learned Polish, but Polish was the official language and all the records were kept in Polish.  You never know just what you are going to get into when you start this genealogy business.

      It does wonders for the mind.

      Mary Heard
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
        Just for grins I checked my Czech dictionary and couldn't find any of
        those words, so it's good there's somebody with some Polish in 'em with
        a dictionary.

        Anita Berka
      • Jan
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2001
          Absolutely amazing what people will do.  Never though about it, but that's a good idea to document a cemetery by photos.
          Jan