Cemetery desecrations

  • darlenbaker@cs.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4 6:48 PM
      Hi all!!

      I just wanted to let you know that there WAS a cemetery close to my
      grandmothers. Most likely a family plot.  The people who owned the land bull
      dozed down the markers.  Just makes me sick. I always wanted to crawl thru
      the fence to find out who was buried there. My grandma says there was those
      big tall stones there.

      Now if these folks want to fix it up and put new stones great.  I just wish I
      could find out who owns the land. Maybe my grandma would know just who
      exactly.

      Anyway I just wanted to let you guys know that. Just wanting to blow off
      steam..

      Hope all had a good weekend.  We are slowly drying out here.

      Darlene Baker

      Researching:
      mine:
      Rokyta, Barton, Balusek, Melnar, Coufal, Dusek,Marek, Kotrla,Krizak, Krizek,
      Pustejovsky, Michna, Valchar, Machac, Trlica, Janus or Janous, Sugarek,
      Mikulencak, Michalik,  and who knows how many more??

      His:  Baker, Dunn, Worrell, Peeples, Maynard, Tucker, Smith, Hancock,
      Bundrant, Roberts, Blakey, Porch

      My Page:
      http://txhsh.homestead.com/home.html
      http://www.geocities.com/dbaker225/Welcome.html
      http://www.geocities.com/texasczechs2001/familyties.html ---new family ties
      site.

      http://www.angelfire.com/folk/czechfamily/index.html-- my personal site
    • Susan Rektorik Henley
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4 8:06 PM
        >I just wanted to let you know that there WAS a cemetery close to my grandmothers. Most likely a family plot.  The people who owned the land bull dozed down the markers.<

        Darlene,

        Please tell us again, where is your grandmother located; and, precisely in what direction was the destroyed burial plot?

        I find sanctity in cemeteries and I find the destruction of our (or anyone else's) cemeteries dreadful.

        Sometimes though, all we can accomplish it to try to record who was buried there.  Does your Grandmother know who was buried there?

        Susan
      • darlenbaker@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5 3:45 AM
          My grandmother lives in Bila Hora, Lavaca County.
          This is close to the Colorado Co. and Lavaca Co. lines.  I think the cemetery
          was in Colorado Co.

          Close to what those called Shimek ,TX long ago.

          Darlene Baker

          Researching:
          mine:
          Rokyta, Barton, Balusek, Melnar, Coufal, Dusek,Marek, Kotrla,Krizak, Krizek,
          Pustejovsky, Michna, Valchar, Machac, Trlica, Janus or Janous, Sugarek,
          Mikulencak, Michalik,  and who knows how many more??

          His:  Baker, Dunn, Worrell, Peeples, Maynard, Tucker, Smith, Hancock,
          Bundrant, Roberts, Blakey, Porch

          My Page:
          http://txhsh.homestead.com/home.html
          http://www.geocities.com/dbaker225/Welcome.html
          http://www.geocities.com/texasczechs2001/familyties.html ---new family ties
          site.

          http://www.angelfire.com/folk/czechfamily/index.html-- my personal site
        • Cindy Bolinger
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5 6:09 AM
            Darlene, you can go to the county courthouse and look at the plat map. Then
            the clerk can show you how to find out who owns that land.

            Cindy

          • darlenbaker@cs.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5 5:16 PM
              In a message dated 09/05/2001 8:58:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
              cindyharvey@... writes:

              Darlene, you can go to the county courthouse and look at the plat map.  Then
              the clerk can show you how to find out who owns that land.

              Cindy

              Thanks Cindy!!

              darlene baker