Re: [TexasCzechs] Rain, Rain go away!!

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
      George,

      Will it make you feel a little younger if I told you I graduated (maybe kicked out) in 1948?  I've got a few years on you as I did not graduate as a child prodigy at age of 8 years old.  <G>

      Sir John
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
        Darlene,

        Please don't think I am trying to be mean. I am earnest.  What crops are in the field?  Cotton?  Not, milo too?

        I am concerned because I did not realize folks still had crops in.

        Our milo came out around Memorial Day...a little early...we ate some drying charges because we feared more would "lodge" due to the drought.  Cotton was out, moved and ginned by the end of July.

        It is real, heart-felt concern that I feel.  I did not realize that crops were still in the field.

        Susan
      • darlenbaker@cs.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2001
          Well I think here most have gotten it out already.  But from anothers email I
          think they still had cotton outthere.

          Our waters are receding.  I think we are taking a chance heading to my gmas
          in Bila Hora.

          "See" you guys tommorrow.

          No offense on the rain Susan.  I really don't know how much we got. I don't
          have a rain gauge.

          Darlene Baker

          Researching:
          mine:
          Rokyta, Barton, Balusek, Melnar, Coufal, Dusek,Marek, Kotrla,Krizak, Krizek,
          Pustejovsky, Michna, Valchar, Machac, Trlica, Janus or Janous, Sugarek,
          Mikulencak, Michalik,  and who knows how many more??

          His:  Baker, Dunn, Worrell, Peeples, Maynard, Tucker, Smith, Hancock,
          Bundrant, Roberts, Blakey, Porch

          My Page:
          http://txhsh.homestead.com/home.html
          http://www.geocities.com/dbaker225/Welcome.html
          http://www.geocities.com/texasczechs2001/familyties.html ---new family ties
          site.

          http://www.angelfire.com/folk/czechfamily/index.html-- my personal site
        • george patrick
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2001
            John,

            Age, they say, is just a state of mind.  However, the they who say that, are probably not as old as you and I.  But, I'm still having fun.  From reading your stuff, it appears that you are too.

            God Bless the old folks,