Berkinhoff???

  • darlenbaker@cs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1 2:50 PM
         HI I think Matt was reserching the Berckenhoff name. I am not sure if I
      am spelling it right or not so no offense please.

      I was at library and I found this which may already be found but thought I
      would jot down anyway.

      1900 Lavaca Co.,TX Census Precint 1
      Peter Raska   31   6-1868  Merchant  1874 to us
      Annie            23    9-1876     born in TX
      Victor              4     9-1895         "
      Illo                   3     11-1896       "
      Erwin               2       5-1898       "
      A. Berkinhoff   mother-in-law  came to US in 1848 born in Germany F-Austria
      M- Germany  7/6 children

      Darlene Baker

      Researching:
      mine:
      Rokyta, Barton, Balusek, Melnar, Coufal, Dusek,Marek, Kotrla,Krizak, Krizek,
      Pustejovsky, Michna, Valchar, Machac, Trlica, Janus or Janous, Sugarek,
      Mikulencak, Michalik,  and who knows how many more??

      His:  Baker, Dunn, Worrell, Peeples, Maynard, Tucker, Smith, Hancock,
      Bundrant, Roberts, Blakey, Porch

      My Page:
      http://txhsh.homestead.com/home.html
      http://www.geocities.com/dbaker225/Welcome.html
      http://www.geocities.com/texasczechs2001/familyties.html ---new family ties
      site.

      http://www.angelfire.com/folk/czechfamily/index.html-- my personal site
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1 7:02 PM
        Yes, I am researching the Berckenhoff line, Darlene. I already had
        this record, and actually now, I am trying to find out information on
        the descendants of Elo and Erwin Raska because I have a feeling that
        they connect to the E.E. Raska whose obit I posted on the group board
        earlier this month. The Victor Raska that is listed is the prominent
        Reverend from the areas of Lavaca and Wharton Counties. In fact, he
        was the celebrant at my paternal grandparents' wedding in the
        Catholic Church. (They had been married by the JP before the Church
        wedding.)

        Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled for me though,

        Matt

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2 5:06 AM
          Matt,

          My uncle knows of a Raska. I think he married one of my uncle's wife's
          sisters.

          Would like me to check that out for you??  He name was Dennis if I remember
          correctly.

          Darlene

        • Matt
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2 5:33 AM