Re: [TexasCzechs] Farming on the Blackland Prairie

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
      Susan,

      Whenever I go through Robstown, I think of the hurricane in 1947 (did not think I would ever forget it's name!) and I handled many flooded auto claims in Robstown.  I recall the 3' high water marks on all the walls of the Chevrolet dealer downtown.  That is some flat county around and near the 'Sparkling City by the Sea'.

      The rain gauge at Lamar University, Beaumont, registered 6.5" up to 9 PM last night and still raining.  Would not be surprised if it did not register 7" for the 24 hour period.

      Sir John