Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 653

  • Wendy Rodrigues
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2001
      Sir John,

      Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to help me. I was able
      to cut and paste "a new message". (Refer to your note) but I don't
      understand the paragraph that begins with: "You should be back to the email
      program screen". If you could explain that again I would be very grateful .

      I think it's wonderful the way you help everybody. You are such a needed
      member of the Texasczechs. Don't ever leave this list, you will be terribly
      missed not only for your help to everybody but your clever and funny
      comments as well!

      I await your reply,
      Wendy

      From: "John L. Mikeska" <jlmikeska@...>
      2. ZEMAN-ADAMEK Family Cyber Reunion
      From: darlenbaker@...
      3. Re: Another Testimonial for Steve and Others of You
      From: "salvarez" <salvarez@...>
      4. Obit - Ronald Earl Bowerman, Houston Post
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      5. Re: Humble 2
      From: kasper@...
      6. Obituary of Emma Elizabeth Brosch Rybak, Hou. Post
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      7. Larry: kolaches
      From: "salvarez" <salvarez@...>
      8. Obituary of Robert Koudelka
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      9. Re:
      From: "Richard Kotrla" <Richard.Kotrla@...>
      10. Obituary of Mary Rybak Koudelka, Houston Chronicle
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      11. It's official!
      From: "Richard Kotrla" <Richard.Kotrla@...>
      12. Obituary of Weldon Kocich, San Angelo Standard-Times Online, 13 Feb
      1997
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      13. Re: West Fest & various
      From: "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...>
      14. Together We Stand
      From: Susan Rektorik Henley <srektorikh@...>
      15. Together We Stand
      From: "Susan Rektorik Henley" <srektorik@...>
      16. Land is offered by Sister City
      From: Illonam@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:01:45 -0500
      From: "John L. Mikeska" <jlmikeska@...>
      Subject: Re:

      Carrinell,

      I am posting your message to the list as I understand Mr. Richard Kotrla,
      the new list owner, evidently is the only one that can change these settings
      now. For about a year, there were five us that considered ourselves helpers
      of this list and could take care of the necessary duties of the board, such
      as your request, but a few days ago these privileges were removed from the
      helpers. We were not made aware of this change until trying to help another
      person.

      I did try to add you to the list under your new name but did not see that
      you were added to the group, so guess I really am at the bottom of the help
      barrel. I did send you an invitation to join under your new ISP and if you
      receive it, please answer it and you will be signed on with the new e-mail
      address.

      Mr. Kotrla closes his mail box and I do not know when he will be checking on
      the list. Hopefully he will be able to take care of your request. I am
      powerless to help further, and due to the lack of trust by the list owner,
      reason I am becoming just a member since my efforts as a helper is
      evidently not trustworthy or wanted. So much of the necessary power to help
      the list was removed that talk isn't going to get the job done.

      Sir John
      .
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:23:07 EDT
      From: darlenbaker@...
      Subject: ZEMAN-ADAMEK Family Cyber Reunion

      <A HREF="about:blankhttp://family_reunion.tripod.com/">Click here:
      ZEMAN-ADAMEK Family Cyber Reunion</A>

      about:blankhttp://family_reunion.tripod.com/

      check this out.

      pretty interesting page.

      Darlene Baker

      Researching:
      mine:
      Rokyta, Barton, Balusek, Melnar, Coufal, Dusek,Marek, Kotrla,Krizak, Krizek,
      Pustejovsky, Michna, Valchar, Machac, Trlica, Janus or Janous, Sugarek,
      Mikulencak, Michalik, and who knows how many more??

      His: Baker, Dunn, Worrell, Peeples, Maynard, Tucker, Smith, Hancock,
      Bundrant, Roberts, Blakey, Porch

      My Page:
      http://txhsh.homestead.com/home.html
      http://www.geocities.com/dbaker225/Welcome.html
      http://www.geocities.com/texasczechs2001/familyties.html ---new family ties
      site.
      http://www.angelfire.com/folk/czechfamily/index.html-- my personal site

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 3
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:45:23 -0500
      From: "salvarez" <salvarez@...>
      Subject: Re: Another Testimonial for Steve and Others of You

      OK now your really going to make me blush. Thank you Susan

      Steve

      > I sent this message this morning and it has disappeared.
      > I am resending
      > it via another ISP this one time only.
      >
      > I have known Steve through his e-mail messages since
      > pretty soon after
      > Rick and Richard found the original Texas Czech e-mail
      > list a couple of
      > years ago. I finally got to meet him at the summer CHS
      > meeting.
      >
      > He was as I suspected. A handsome, self-assured gentleman
      > who I felt
      > comfortable with immediately. I also noted that he went
      > out of his way
      > to stay out of the lime light which Richard K. and I seem
      > to be drawn to
      > (like moths to a flame?)
      >
      > I really did enjoy sitting next to him when he was waiting
      > to do his part
      > of the presentation, I enjoy a sharp wit!
      >
      > As I was impressed with Steve, I have also watched as
      > obituary after
      > obituary has been typed and shared on the list. It really
      > is impressive.
      >

      > So while some of us tell stories and tap dance, it is the
      > slow and steady
      > that may in the end create the greatest legacy.
      >
      > Thank you all.
      >
      > Susan

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:01:22 -0000
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      Subject: Obit - Ronald Earl Bowerman, Houston Post

      Obituary of Ronald Earl Bowerman
      Houston Post

      RONALD EARL BOWERMAN, 53, died Saturday, June 4, 1977. Retired from
      City of Houston Police Department, retired from Cameron Iron Works
      and Member of S.P.J.S.T. Lodge #88. Survived by: Wife, Mrs. Emma
      Bowerman, Houston; sons, Gary R. of Friendswood, TX, and Terry J.
      Bowerman, Houston; daughter, Mrs. Susan Davis, Houston, brothers
      Willard and Wallace Bowerman, Houston; several nieces and nephews.
      Services 10 AM Monday, June 6, 1977, Earthmans Gulf Freeway Chapel.
      Interment Forest Park East.

      Message: 5
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:03:54 -0000
      From: kasper@...
      Subject: Re: Humble 2

      Steve,
      No problem! I appreciate your efforts.
      I don't think you have pie on your face---it's probably just kolaches.

      Larry Kasper

      --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Steve Alvarez" <salvarez@p...> wrote:
      > I just knew I would mess up the name listing. Once again I have
      pie on my face.

      > We can't forget Larry Kasper who has been recently sending in
      obits. Sorry Larry.

      > God Bless
      > Steve Alvarez
      > salvarez@p...
      > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
      > Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

      Message: 6
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:20:09 -0000
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      Subject: Obituary of Emma Elizabeth Brosch Rybak, Hou. Post

      Obituary of Emma Elizabeth Brosch Rybak
      Houston Post

      EMMA ELIZABETH RYBAK, 84, of Houston, passed away Saturday, September
      29, 1979. Longtime resident of Houston. Member of St. Jerome
      Catholic Church. Preceded in death by husband, Joseph F. Rybak.
      Survivors: Daughters, Stacie Kocich, Mary Koudelka, both of Houston;
      sons, Victor Rybak, Hallettsville, Texas, Joe Rybak, George Rybak,
      Johnnie Rybak, all of Houston; sisters, Millie Brosch, Della Greine,
      Hattie Pilat, Laura Tupa; brothers, Willie Brosch, Henry Brosch;
      twenty grandchildren; eighteen great-granchildren; numerous nieces
      and nephews. Funeral mass 1:00 p.m., Tuesday, St. Jerome Catholic
      Church, Kempwood at Hollister, with Reverend James Nguyen and
      Reverend Bert Miller officiating. Interment Woodlawn Cemetery.
      Rosary 8:00 p.m., Monday, Waltrip Chapel with Reverend James Nguyen
      and Reverend Hobart Meyer officiating. Pallbearers: Gary Bowerman,
      Leroy Rybak, Dennis Kocich, David Koudelka, Wayne Rybak.

      Message: 7
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:28:15 -0500
      From: "salvarez" <salvarez@...>
      Subject: Larry: kolaches

      Thanks for understanding Larry.

      If it were kolaches, especially my Moms, I would just open
      wide and eat them as fast as you could throw them. They
      would never make it to my face or the ground. (grin)
      Steve

      Steve,
      No problem! I appreciate
      your efforts.
      I don't think you have pie on your face---it's probably
      just kolaches.

      Larry Kasper<BR>

      Message: 8
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:33:26 -0000
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      Subject: Obituary of Robert Koudelka

      Obituary of Robert Koudelka

      ROBERT A. KOUDELKA, of Houston, died Thursday, December 19, 1996, at
      Spring Branch Medical Center. He was 78 years old. Mr. Koudelka was
      born in Praha, Texas on May 23, 1918 to Frank A. Koudelka and Amalie
      Horak Koudelka. He was a member of St. Jerome Catholic Church, and
      he was preceded in death by his parents and his brother Julius
      Koudelka. Mr. Koudelka married the former Mary Rybak on September
      12, 1940 in Moravia, Texas. He is survived by his wife of 55 years,
      Mary Koudelka; his sons, David R. Koudelka and Duane A. Koudelka; his
      sisters, Lorene Windham of Houston and Marcella Chaloupka of Moulton,
      Texas; his brothers, Adolph Koudelka of Houston and Eddie Koudelka of
      Moulton, Texas; and his grandchildren, Kevin, Stephanie, Heather and
      Kristi. Friends may call Waltrip Funeral Home, 1415 Campbell Road,
      after 2:00 P.M. Friday, December 20, 1996, where a Rosary will be
      recited at 7:00 P.M., with Deacon Jim Rutledge officiating. Mass of
      Christian Burial will be celebrated at 12:30 P.M. Saturday, December
      21, 1996, at St. Jerome Catholic Church, 8825 Kempwood, with Rev. Lee
      Flores as celebrant. Rite of Committal will follow at Woodlawn
      Garden of Memories Cemetery.

      Message: 9
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:32:21 -0000
      From: "Richard Kotrla" <Richard.Kotrla@...>

      Dear fellow listers:

      The letter below from Sir John to Carinell is in error.

      No settings have been changed resricting members of the Help Team
      heping fellow listers.

      This is obviously an honest mistake on Sir John's part, or at least
      I would like to think so.

      But in light of this letter and other recent critcism of my serving
      as list owner, I have tendered my resignation as list owner to
      Frank Mikula, president of the Czech Heritage Society, official
      owner of the list and who apppointed me as list owner.

      I am conveying the ownership of the list to Mr. Mikula, and will
      remove myself and others as moderators and let him decide who will
      have what privileges.

      I remain a lister.

      Richard Kotrla

      Message: 10
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:45:53 -0000
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      Subject: Obituary of Mary Rybak Koudelka, Houston Chronicle

      Obituary of Mary Rybak Koudelka
      Houston Chronicle

      MARY EMMA KOUDELKA, 82, died Tuesday, January 4, 2000. Born in
      Moravia, Texas on November 17, 1917 to Joe and Emma Rybak, she is
      preceded in death by her husband, Robert A. Koudelka; brother Joe
      Rybak; and sister, Stacy Kocich. Mrs. Koudelka is survived by her
      sons: David and wife Pam, Duane and wife Barbara; grandchildren,
      Kevin, Stephanie, Heather and Kristi; sisters, Helen Wood, Irene
      Ruffin and Emmy Bowerman; brothers, Victor, George and Johnny Rybak.
      The family will be present for visitation from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on
      Thursday, January 6, 2000 at Waltrip Funeral Directors, 1415 Cambell
      Road, where the rosary will be recited at 7:00 p.m. A Funeral Mass
      will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, January 7, 2000 at St.
      Jerome Catholic Church, 8825 Kempwood with Reverend Doug Smith
      officiating. Rite of Committal will follow at Woodlawn Garden of
      Memories. Pallbearers include Dennis Kocich, Wayne Rybak, Terry
      Bowerman, Harvey Koudelka, Eugene Chaloupka and William Kuschmeider.

      Note to Steve on last obit: I forgot to include that it was from the
      Houston Chronicle.

      Message: 11
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:51:33 -0000
      From: "Richard Kotrla" <Richard.Kotrla@...>
      Subject: It's official!

      Frank Mikula, president of the Czech Heritage Society of Texas, is now
      the list owner and sole moderator of the list. As a member, I will do
      all I can to assist, but Mr. Mikula has control of the group settings
      on behalf of CHS, the official owner of the list.

      I will continue to remain an active member of the list.

      Richard

      Message: 12
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:53:20 -0000
      From: "Matt" <lennonluv@...>
      Subject: Obituary of Weldon Kocich, San Angelo Standard-Times Online, 13 Feb
      1997

      Obituary of Weldon Kocich
      San Angelo Standard-Times Online

      Weldon Kocich, age 73, of Wall passed away Tuesday, Feb. 11, 1997, in
      a local hospital.

      Rosary will be at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, in Johnson's Funeral Home
      Chapel. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at St.
      Ambrose Catholic Church in Wall with Monsignor Larry Droll
      celebrating the Mass. Arrangements are by Johnson's Funeral Home.

      Weldon was born Feb. 27, 1923, in Moravia, Texas. He entered the
      service on Oct. 30, 1942. He served in North Africa and Italy. He
      married Frances Block from Olfen. On Dec. 30, 1996, they celebrated
      their 50th wedding anniversary.

      He was involved in farming and driving tire tests at Goodyear Proving
      Grounds. While there, he earned a record for driving 3 million miles
      with no accidents. This earned Weldon a place in the Guinness Book of
      World Records. He was a member of the St. Ambrose Catholic Church in
      Wall, a charter member of the Knights of Columbus, and a member of
      the Pride of Flette.

      Weldon is survived by his wife, Frances of Wall; two daughters,
      Jocille Roberts and husband, Jerry, of Whitesboro and Dolores Mask
      and husband, Bobby Mac, of Richland Springs; and two sons, Marcus
      Kocich of Oklahoma City and John Kocich and wife, Lucy, of Wall.
      Also, grandchildren Jenny Roberts, Heather Robertson, Ryan Mask, Eric
      Mask, Joshua Kocich and Matthew Kocich, and several nieces and
      nephews.

      His parents, Ed and Martha Kocich, and a sister, Magdalena Moeller,
      preceded him in death.

      Pallbearers will be Galen Moeller, David Moeller, Charles Moeller,
      Michael Block and grandsons Ryan and Eric Mask.

      The family requests memorials be made to the Matthiesen Seminary
      Burse.

      Message: 13
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:26:29 -0500
      From: "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...>
      Subject: Re: West Fest & various

      Enjoy reading everyone's comments and input. I will miss Westfest this
      year, as well as the Lake Whitney West Shore VFD catfish fry (a big deal
      around here and they are my very valued VFD), but I'll be up in Azle
      visiting my Uncle. Keep up the good work & input eveyone. I'll look
      forward to a report of Westfest.

      Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban, father Rinert F.
      Sommerfeld)
      patsroar@...
      Researching Maternal line from Moravia: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik,
      Jarma, Kralanowski, Vasku (Zbranek), Zapalac, Gabera, Malik, Bacak, Stasny,
      Ledvig/Ladwig/Ladeweg, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron,
      Rejcek,Slovak, Kmiec et al

      Message: 14
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:09:02 -0500
      From: Susan Rektorik Henley <srektorikh@...>
      Subject: Together We Stand

      I, ignorantly (as usual), opened my mouth in the middle of a (presumed)
      dispute when I had no certain knowledge of said constricture.

      I am glad that the current president of the CHS has become the owner of
      this e-mail list...but, at the same time, I have no ill will
      (whatsoever), against the current owner...Richard Kotrla (and I'll go
      fist to fist with anyone who says or maintains otherwise.) In fact, I
      only have accolades for Richard K. since he has taken over the Cesky Hlas
      and the ownership of this list.

      But, I am an outsider...I am not privy is to what is really going on. It
      my cultural spirit and pride that drive me forward...not insider
      information! When I expressed pleasure at Frank Mikula taking ownership
      of this list...it was true. But, not because I saw weakness in Richard
      Kotrla or what he did...but, instead, because I thought that we, as an
      organization...as an entity, were coming together. (They don't tell me a
      danged thing!)

      As I said before, I am outsider. I only see the results. I have no
      knowledge of the interworking of the machine. Richard K. has been kind
      and receptive to me.

      What we will see next, I HAVE NO IDEA!

      What I hope is that we see a combining of knowledge, skills, and
      abilities. What I want to see is a Unity.

      What is actually going on...I have no idea.

      I. E.--"Ain't my fault what's going on; but, what I really what is for
      there to be a combining of skills, arts, and information in a manner that
      boosters who of we are...The Texas Czechs".

      Long live the Texas Czechs, long live our connections!

      Susan

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 15
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:52:40 -0500
      From: "Susan Rektorik Henley" <srektorik@...>

      I, ignorantly (as usual), opened my mouth in the middle of a (presumed)
      dispute when I had no certain knowledge of said constricture.

      I am glad that the current president of the CHS has become the owner of this
      e-mail list...but, at the same time, I have no ill will (whatsoever),
      against the current owner...Richard Kotrla (and I'll go fist to fist with
      anyone who says or maintains otherwise.) In fact, I only have accolades for
      Richard K. since he has taken over the Cesky Hlas and the ownership of this
      list.

      But, I am an outsider. It is my cultural spirit and pride that drive me
      forward...not insider information! When I expressed pleasure at Frank
      Mikula taking ownership of this list...it was true. But, not because I saw
      weakness in Richard Kotrla or what he did...but, instead, because I
      thought that we, as an organization...as an entity, were coming together.

      As I said before, I am outsider. I only see the results. I have no
      knowledge of the inner-workings of the machine. Richard K. has been kind and
      receptive to me.

      What we will see next, I HAVE NO IDEA!

      What I hope is that we see a combining of knowledge, skills and abilities.
      What I want to see is a Unity.

      What is actually going on...I have no idea.

      I. E.--"Ain't my fault what's going on; but, what I really what is for there
      to be a combining of skills, arts, and information in a manner that boosters
      who of we are...The Texas Czechs".

      Long live the Texas Czechs, long live our connections!

      Susan

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 16
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:50:43 EDT
      From: Illonam@...
      Subject: Land is offered by Sister City

      Hi List members!
      I just wrote this story for our Oklahoma Czech Festival brochure and thought
      I would share it with you. Our sister city is trying to bring investors
      into
      their city and has developed land for this purpose. Here is the
      information.
      I am sure that they would open it up to anyone...not just Oklahomans.
      As Sister City Chairperson I would like to see them succeed. Maybe someone
      out there would find this of interest.
      Illona Morris
      Yukon's Sister City offers Land to Oklahoma Investors

      Krnov, Czech Republic has been Yukon Sister City for more than 10 years.
      Krnov, the city with more than 26,000 inhabitants, is the largest settlement
      of current District of Bruntal. The city is situated on the East Side of
      the
      Lower Jeseniky Mountains, on the edge of Silesian lowlands and on the
      confluence of the rivers Opava and Opavice. Krnov is one of many gates to
      the Jeseniky Mountains. Half of the city border is also the border with
      Poland and offers the possibility of a creation of a center for middle
      industrial production of wide force.

      Krnov has now developed its industrial zone and is ready to court more
      investors. The industrial zone is situated on the southeast border. It
      lies
      on an important transport road and the railroad line Ostrava-Olomouc. The
      land has been prepared; water mains have been connected
      and electric supply has been connected. The access roads have also been
      completed.
      The City of Krnov owns the land and is willing to host any prospective
      investors to view the land they are offering for new business in their town.
      They hope that someone from their Sister City Yukon, Oklahoma might be
      interested in locating in their town. There is land still available and very
      favorable conditions are being offered by Krnov.

      Krnov was called the city of looms and organs. For centuries the city
      developed the tradition of cloth production at Karnola factory and the
      production of braids and ribbons at Pega Krnov. There are 45 middle sized
      businesses in Krnov. Among the most popular are Rieger-Kloss Organ Ltd.,
      Santa Drinks, and Krnov Starch Ltd.

      Krnov has faced strong competition as a consequence of world developments
      and
      is working diligently to meet its challenges. It has developed an
      industrial
      zone and is looking for foreign investors. It has set goals of building its
      infrastructure and can offer developed land, good conditions, good location
      and a nice environment. Krnov offers an advantageous climate and
      environment
      of high quality. It has farmland and is surrounded by forests and rivers
      and
      a large lake.

      In the Krnov City Council set these goals for 1998-2002:
      * Construction of family houses
      * Construction of 36 living units in locality of former Russian barracks
      * Construction of all purpose sporting hall
      * Environmental projects (recreational zone on the hill Cvilin)
      *Building of a department store

      I am pleased to report that the store was open and in full operation when I
      was there in May of 2001. I also was pleased to see several new family
      houses and the apartments

      [This message contained attachments]