Current Coal Mines in Texas

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
      I found a current  Railroad Commission map that shows 17 coal mines and one uranium mine in Texas.  The URL is:

    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
        Susan,

        If you and I get into a fist cuffs match, lets go to the uranium mine area, so we will light up if it gets dark before one wins, or runs off in terror!  <g>

        Sir John

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
          Susan that is amazing. Could they be in operation because of the power
          plants? The one that is in Fayetteville is a coal powered one. It makes
          all their farm implements rust more quickly and some days it leaves fine
          dust all over everything. Makes me have second thoughts about moving
          back home after I retire......lois

          Susan Rektorik Henley wrote:

          > I found a current Railroad Commission map that shows 17 coal mines
          > and one uranium mine in Texas. The URL
          > is: http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/divisions/sm/programs/regprgms/mineinfo/mines.html
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          You can, too! Start
          here...

          Height:
          345678ft 01234567891011in

          Weight:
          lbs.kg.

          Lois Petter Pereira
        • srektorik@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
            --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "John L. Mikeska" <jlmikeska@y...> wrote:
            > Susan,
            >
            > If you and I get into a fist cuffs match, lets go to the uranium
            mine area, so we will light up if it gets dark before one wins, or
            runs off in terror! <g>

            > Sir John

            I so tickled when I read this. When I met Sir John for the first time
            at the CHS Summer Conference, I had to tilt my head back to make eye
            contact. And I am five feet, seven (and a half)inches tall. He is a
            Large Guy!

            And I hope that he and I would never ever get into a fist cuffs match
            but if we did; even with my stout frame, I think I would need help.
            I'd have to bring my aluminum baseball bat and that would probably
            just give me enough time to run (very big grin)!

            Susan