Re: [TexasCzechs] The Storyteller's Dad has Died

  • Nancy Sugarek
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
      Deat Susan,
      My thoughts are with you. How wonderful that your
      father had a vessel in which to pour and keep his
      wonderful memories and stories... and that his
      daughter had such a wonderful talent for writing.
      Thank you for sharing your stories and your family
      with all of us. In you and your writings he will
      continue to live for all of us.
      May your healing be soon and your memories soon
      cause you to smile at the gift of this man. Thanks
      again for sharing with all of us.
      Nancy Sugarek
      --- Susan Rektorik Henley <srektorik@...>

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • CShep10511@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
        Dear Susan,

        I am so sorry for your terrible loss. I miss my father so very much, I
        understand your grief and my prayers are with you and your family.

        You are so right about the link to the past now gone. What I would give to
        have just one more day with daddy. I'd make him talk non stop for 24 hours
        about any and everything.

        Connie
      • Mary Holy
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
          Susan
          My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time in your life.  You have so many memories that your father shared with you.  Just keep those memories and he will be forever in your heart.
          Mary (Soukup) Holy

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
            Susan -

            I'm so sorry to hear about your father dying.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

            Jan

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 5, 2001
              Dear Susan:

              I am so sorry that I have not had time in the last several days until
              now to read the messages on TexasCzechs until today, and I am
              saddened to hear about the death of your father.

              I know you and he had such a wonderful relationship and he shared
              so many stories that you have been so kind to share with us. I
              feel like we all knew him through the stories you shared.

              I am sorry you have lost such a fine dad and a fine Texas Czech,
              but be thankful for all the wonderful memories.

              I commend you for all the care you gave him in his final days, and
              yes, he is released from that tired old body.

              I have empathy as I have lost both of my parents, and you miss them
              so, each and every day. But the wonderful thing is that although
              they are gone physically, we have their memories.

              Please continue to share the stories he shared with you.

              And Susan, through those stories, like the "Eagle and the Man," he
              will live on.

              Richard Kotrla

              --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Susan Rektorik Henley" <srektorik@h...>