Re: [TexasCzechs] The Storyteller's Dad has Died

  • Lois Pereira
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
      Susan I am sorry to hear about your dad's passing. When it is a parent
      it is so hard to get through. You wrote you miss your dad. It will be
      there a long time. I lost my stepfather 15 years ago and when I hear a
      joke or a story I think I have to remember that to tell Pete and then I
      remember he is gone and the missing starts all over. I think it is a
      tribute to someone that they will be missed like this. It just shows how
      they touched our lives. Hang in there as the grief part will get better
      but don't ever stop missing him..lois

      Susan Rektorik Henley wrote:

      > I miss my Dad. Susan Rektorik Henley

    • Nancy Sugarek
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
        Deat Susan,
        My thoughts are with you. How wonderful that your
        father had a vessel in which to pour and keep his
        wonderful memories and stories... and that his
        daughter had such a wonderful talent for writing.
        Thank you for sharing your stories and your family
        with all of us. In you and your writings he will
        continue to live for all of us.
        May your healing be soon and your memories soon
        cause you to smile at the gift of this man. Thanks
        again for sharing with all of us.
        Nancy Sugarek
        --- Susan Rektorik Henley <srektorik@...>

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • CShep10511@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
          Dear Susan,

          I am so sorry for your terrible loss. I miss my father so very much, I
          understand your grief and my prayers are with you and your family.

          You are so right about the link to the past now gone. What I would give to
          have just one more day with daddy. I'd make him talk non stop for 24 hours
          about any and everything.

          Connie
        • Mary Holy
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
            Susan
            My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time in your life.  You have so many memories that your father shared with you.  Just keep those memories and he will be forever in your heart.
            Mary (Soukup) Holy

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
              Susan -

              I'm so sorry to hear about your father dying.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

              Jan

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2001
                Dear Susan:

                I am so sorry that I have not had time in the last several days until
                now to read the messages on TexasCzechs until today, and I am
                saddened to hear about the death of your father.

                I know you and he had such a wonderful relationship and he shared
                so many stories that you have been so kind to share with us. I
                feel like we all knew him through the stories you shared.

                I am sorry you have lost such a fine dad and a fine Texas Czech,
                but be thankful for all the wonderful memories.

                I commend you for all the care you gave him in his final days, and
                yes, he is released from that tired old body.

                I have empathy as I have lost both of my parents, and you miss them
                so, each and every day. But the wonderful thing is that although
                they are gone physically, we have their memories.

                Please continue to share the stories he shared with you.

                And Susan, through those stories, like the "Eagle and the Man," he
                will live on.

                Richard Kotrla

                --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Susan Rektorik Henley" <srektorik@h...>