Re: [TexasCzechs]Remembering the old stories

  • Lois Pereira
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2001
      Carrinell you are right. I have been trying to remember an old story my
      Starenka used to tell me. It involved a little chicken/rooster and all I
      can remember was he didn't listen to his mother, he choked on a piece of
      corn and she saved him. For the life of me I cannot remember the whole
      story and she must have told it to me a 1000 times. I try to get people
      to write down stories all the time and hopefully other people are doing
      this too so we can carry them on. If it is left to our children
      (especially my two ingrates) forget it............lois

      Carrinell Mikeska wrote:
      I think your letter made good sense and it
      was nice that you shared it with us because a few days ago my cousin and
      I were trying to remember
      something about a story my dad used to tell and we couldn't think of
      it! He was the oldest of his fam