Re: [TexasCzechs] Gary's Stuff ( Villages Of Origin)

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2000
      Cuz Mary,

      Posting to group as others seem to have same problem.  The file is not
      attached to the Moravia-L yet, but is on the eGroups list.

      I had the same problem by trying to import the file into MS 97 Access and Excel.
      My Czech irritation side was beginning to show up, and to calm it down, just clicked
      on the file attachment in my email, Clicked on "Save AS" and then selected where
      my MicroSoft 97 Access files were located.  Couldn't believe it worked to easy - I
      check it out three times and it is there, just as George's son wrote it, including the
      excellent title.  I put it in Access as I wanted it as a database file to hunt names and
      locations with the "find" feature.  Works, even though file shows *.xls.  Don't let Gilly Bates know this or he will have his guru's change it and try to sell us another update.  LOL

      If you have a different MSoft Suite version, you may have to import the info in by
      conversion.  I have several books on MS Suite, accumulated over time, and if you
      have a problem, let me know and I will see if I can find it.  If not, Richard will probably know!! :-)

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
      ICQ 48955956