Re: [TexasCzechs] (unknown)

  • tjslansky
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2001
      Richard,

      I have two Czech Dictionaries and neither have the words.

      One, I just received from a friend from the CZ. Rep. published by FIN
      Publishing; I was very disappointed. The Czech word section is not in
      syllable.

      I found the translation at the following site.

      http://www.slovnik.cz/bin/ecd

      > Dear listers:
      >
      > Can someone tell me what the following two Czech words mean?
      >
      > Poradí, File, order, rank, sequence, succession, turn
      >
      > Cetnost Count or present occurrence
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Richard Kotrla
    • Mary J. Heard
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 8, 2001
        Richard,

        My 1994 edition of Angilicko-Cesky Cesko-Anglicky Sovnik Dictionary
        defines:

        Poradi - sequence, succession, order

        Cetnost - numerousness, frequency (the "c" has the little "v" mark over it.

        Mary J. Heard
        mjkraitc@...

        ----------

      • SharonSims@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 14, 2001
          Nancy,

          That beautifully expressed your heart. Our hearts often speak so much better
          than our minds.

          Sharon Barton Sims
        • darlenbaker@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 7, 2003
            Lauren,

            I see that you are also researching Pustejovsky.  What lines do you have??

            Darlene Baker
            Port Lavaca,TX
            Coufal, Dusek, Pecena, Rokyta, Melnar, Vojtek, Valchar, Marek, Barton, Sugarek, Krizak, Janus, Pustejovsky, Jaluvka, Michalik, Mikulencak, Balusek, Machac, Mucala, Trlica
          • Lauren <scufy64@aol.com>
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 7, 2003
              Hi Darlene,
              We have connections to the Pustejovskys on both sides of my husbands
              parents -sides of the family ( Rejcek & Cinek)
              On the Cinek side, My husbands Aunt Hattie( Grossman )Cinek
              married Albert Cinek
              one of their daughters Martha Ann Cinek married Adolf Pustejovsky
              ( These are my husbands God Parents)
              Adolf passed away
              but Martha Ann is still living and resides here In Fort Worth along
              with many of her children, grandchildren and so forth.
              The connection to The Rejcek line is as follows:
              Marianna Rejcek married Cyril M. Picha
              they had 7 children one of which was named John Joe Picha
              married to Martha Grones
              they had 5 children one of which was named George John Picha
              George John married GLADYS ANN PUSTEJOVSKY
              (Daughter of Louis F. Pustejovsky and Christine Roznovsky)
              another of the Picha men married a Pustejovsky as well,
              Felix Roman Picha married Bernice
              ( daughter of Anton John Pustejovsky and Helen Hykel)
              I am sure theres more in the line but these are the ones I am
              familiar with, do any of the names sound like those in your line?
              Would be intrested in hearing!
              In the Rejcek line more recently ( In 1984 )a Melinda Marek married
              in by way of a Janecka.
              Sure hope all of the above wasnt too confusing, anxious to hear about
              your line.

              Lauren Rejcek

              Researching, Rejcek, Cinek, Grossman, Snokhous, Sulak, Pustejovsky,
              Adamcik, Hykel, Hall, Pratt, Atkeisson,Hinson,Sain, and My Sanity!
            • Cindy Harvey
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 26, 2003
                You can print out the membership form from here:

                Cindy Harvey
                Texas City
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 24, 2004
                  Mike,

                  Is photo of the home you want at Cultural Center (TCHCC), La Grange and restored?  I'm almost ashamed I forget name of family that owned it and group that gave it to the TCHCC.  If so, I have a few photos Petr Exner, Czech University Student, and I took in August of the exterior and interior shots.

                  Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
                  Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 8:34 PM

                  searching for photos or info on the docekal house located in La
                  Grange.

                  Thanks
                • sissonltd@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 22, 2008
                    I was fortunate to be able to save a copy to my desktop-- so if you would like I will gladly email the file to your inbox.  Just let me know!  Kathleen
                    From: livanec@...

                    8-)I had the same problem.

                    Allen

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 23, 2008
                      David, I just sent it to Erika, plus saved it to my family data file, so I can read it when I have time.  So, far it has been very interesting.  Thank you for posting it.  paulasmaggie
                      Sorry about that- I believe everything is working now. I just checked
                      it out. There was a problem with a quota on online usage. Hopefully,
                      the problem is solved.

                      --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, livanec@... wrote:

                      > I had the same problem.
                      >
                      > Allen

                    • Sir John
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 3, 2009
                        Sharon,

                        Noticed you've requested to be unsubscribed.  You do this yourself - go to the last line on any message and there is an 'Unsubscribe' to click on.

                        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 18, 2009
                          Joyce, Hi! My name is Linda Skalicky Moore and Anna Pecha was my Great Aunt. She was a sister to my Grandmother Rose Pecha Cermak. To answer your question RoseJanak Steffek is still alive and living in Huntsville, Texas. She is living with her daughter Dorothy Whitehead. She also has a daughter Annie who also lives with Dorothy. I know some  of  the cousin.
                              John Pecha        and    Rosina Stalmach
                              born in Rakova Cz.-    born in Zadverice Cz.
                                           Children
                               Anna Pecha Janak
                               John Pecha
                               Joe Pecha
                               Rose Pecha Cermak
                               Francis Pecha Neruda

                            my e-mail address lsmoore@...

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010

                            Dear Nancy,
                            I have a picture of Josef Barton and Veronica Sugarek (my greatgrandparents) when they are "old" and I don't see any resemblance with this picture.
                            If you would like a copy of this photo I'll be happy to get one made and mail to you. I gave one to Don Sugarek some years ago.
                            Please advise, Sara Barton