Re: [TexasCzechs] Putting together a family history in book form

  • epavlik
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
      Matt:

      What do you know about the Berckenhoff family that grew up around
      Freyburg in Fayette County. Two of my brothers married daughters.
      Bennie married Rita Berckenhoff and Jimmy married Lillian Berckenhoff.
      I think that their parents orginally grew up in the Moulton area.

      Erwin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
        This could be. I do have two sisters Rita and Lillian Berckenhoff
        who are the daughters of Rudolph Berckenhoff and his wife Rosie
        Kalisek. However, I have little information on the descendants of
        these two sisters. If you could fill me in on this information soon
        I would appreciate it as I am probably going to send out these family
        histories Thursday since Wed. is a holiday. Coincidentally one of
        the books goes to a descendant of Anita Berckenhoff who is another
        daughter of Rudolph and Rosie Berckenhoff.

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "epavlik" <epavlik@b...> wrote:
        > Matt:
        >
        > What do you know about the Berckenhoff family that grew up around
        > Freyburg in Fayette County. Two of my brothers married daughters.
        > Bennie married Rita Berckenhoff and Jimmy married Lillian
        Berckenhoff.
        > I think that their parents orginally grew up in the Moulton area.
        >
        > Erwin
      • epavlik
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2001
          Those are 2 of my sisters-in-law. I can put some information together
          for you on their descendants, but it probably won't be this week.

          Erwin

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 16, 2001
            You wondered why I was thoroughtly confused. I am sending this reply
            to let you know that you stated that you have two sisters Rita &
            Lillian Berckenhoss who are the daughters of Rudolph Berckenhoff and
            Rosie Kalicek.

            With regard to the Colorado County, Texas Courthouse. It did not burn
            to my knowledge in the last 90 years. The current courthouse was built
            in the early 1900's.

            I know for a fact that they have records in the 1870's and earlier.

            Erwin