Grieve from Frelsburg

  • CWarschak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
           Matt
            I have been observing your recent inquiries regarding various families
      from Frelsburg.  I have never lived there but that is where my American roots
      originated.
            I have been doing genealogy and collecting old pictures from that area
      for many years.  My greatest challenge is that I have never been able to
      determine the village of origin of my Czech ancestors.
            I have a picture post card that a Willie J. Grieve sent to one of my
      female relatives at some unknown date in the distant past.
            The picture shows four (unknown) young men. (Apparently, one of the
      men is Willie J. Grieve.) They are all dressed in their Sunday finest suits.
      It appears that there are two teams because two of the men are facing the
      other two. One man from each team is holding a knife.  It appears that they
      are having a contest to see who can stick a knife closest to the opponents
      feet.
            Do you have a Willie Grieve in your ancestral line?
            Carroll Warschak
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
        As of now, I do not have a Willie Grieve in my file. However, there
        is a census record which I forgot to copy of a Henry Grieve and his
        family in the 1880 Census and I plan to get a hold of it on Tues.

        Matt