Putting together a family history in book form

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2001
      Has anyone done this before? I am in the process of putting one
      together for my Derrich and Berckenhoff families as a private
      printing for family members. Thing is, I keep getting new
      information and thus, keep having to update it.
    • Cindy Bolinger
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2001
        Hi Matt,
        Updating your files is part of the joy of researching your family. You are
        in the fun part, where you are still finding lots of material.

        The first thing you need to do is get yourself a program to load your family
        data to. There is a free one on the LDS site at http://www.familysearch.org
        and if you want to buy one, there are plenty out there. I happen to use
        Family Tree Maker.

        If you load your data, you can print a report at any time with the
        information you have in the file. As you update your files, you can just
        reprint the report.

        Hope this helps!
        Cindy Bolinger

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2001
          Yes, I happen to use Family Tree Maker too. I have chosen, however,
          to print out family group sheets and arrange them.

          --- In TexasCzechs@y..., Cindy Bolinger <caboling@s...> wrote:
          > Hi Matt,
          > Updating your files is part of the joy of researching your family.
          You are in the fun part, where you are still finding lots of material.

          The first thing you need to do is get yourself a program to load your
          family data to. There is a free one on the LDS site at
          http://www.familysearch.org and if you want to buy one, there are
          plenty out there. I happen to use Family Tree Maker.

          If you load your data, you can print a report at any time with the
          information you have in the file. As you update your files, you can
          just reprint the report.

          > Hope this helps!
          > Cindy Bolinger
        • epavlik
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
            Matt:

            What do you know about the Berckenhoff family that grew up around
            Freyburg in Fayette County. Two of my brothers married daughters.
            Bennie married Rita Berckenhoff and Jimmy married Lillian Berckenhoff.
            I think that their parents orginally grew up in the Moulton area.

            Erwin
            >Has anyone done this before? I am in the process of putting one
            >together for my Derrich and Berckenhoff families as a private
            >printing for family members. Thing is, I keep getting new
            >information and thus, keep having to update it.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Matt
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
              This could be. I do have two sisters Rita and Lillian Berckenhoff
              who are the daughters of Rudolph Berckenhoff and his wife Rosie
              Kalisek. However, I have little information on the descendants of
              these two sisters. If you could fill me in on this information soon
              I would appreciate it as I am probably going to send out these family
              histories Thursday since Wed. is a holiday. Coincidentally one of
              the books goes to a descendant of Anita Berckenhoff who is another
              daughter of Rudolph and Rosie Berckenhoff.

              Matt

              --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "epavlik" <epavlik@b...> wrote:
              > Matt:
              >
              > What do you know about the Berckenhoff family that grew up around
              > Freyburg in Fayette County. Two of my brothers married daughters.
              > Bennie married Rita Berckenhoff and Jimmy married Lillian
              Berckenhoff.
              > I think that their parents orginally grew up in the Moulton area.
              >
              > Erwin
            • epavlik
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2001
                Those are 2 of my sisters-in-law. I can put some information together
                for you on their descendants, but it probably won't be this week.

                Erwin

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 16, 2001
                  You wondered why I was thoroughtly confused. I am sending this reply
                  to let you know that you stated that you have two sisters Rita &
                  Lillian Berckenhoss who are the daughters of Rudolph Berckenhoff and
                  Rosie Kalicek.

                  With regard to the Colorado County, Texas Courthouse. It did not burn
                  to my knowledge in the last 90 years. The current courthouse was built
                  in the early 1900's.

                  I know for a fact that they have records in the 1870's and earlier.

                  Erwin