obit postings

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
      Hi Gang

      I will be sending out the list of names and the thanks when I get home tonight from work.  Which should be somewhere around midnight.  I believe there are a little over 50 obits.  I have been having server problems so I hope they get their stuff together, by the time I get home.  It has taken me about 2 hours of trying to get connected this morning.

      God Bless
      Steve Alvarez

    • sandra matthijetz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
        Do not despair - seems all the servers have been on the "fritz"

        Steve Alvarez wrote:

         Hi Gang I will be sending out the list of names and the thanks when I get home tonight from work.  Which should be somewhere around midnight.  I believe there are a little over 50 obits.  I have been having server problems so I hope they get their stuff together, by the time I get home.  It has taken me about 2 hours of trying to get connected this morning. God Bless
        Steve Alvarez Alvarez@...
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
        Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

      • John L. Mikeska
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
          Steve,

          I had problems getting on Rootsweb for Giles Co, who I am doing some
          Volunteer work on 1880 census, and couldn't log on day before yesterday.
          Found that Ancestory Com has taken over or combining their web with Rootsweb
          and reason Rootsweb has been down at times.

          Sir John

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
            Sir John
            Yes I had problems with rootsweb also. But combine this with the
            just getting my local server to connect. And I was really to bit
            nails. Good thing the wife and kids are out of town. I would have
            snapped at her and then gotten a frying pan upside the head. (smile)

            I am sending this e-mail from work. So I don't know if my home server
            is ok or not.

            Steve Alvarez

            > Found that Ancestory Com has taken over or combining their web with
            Rootsweb
            > and reason Rootsweb has been down at times.
            >
            > Sir John
          • John L. Mikeska
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
              Steve,

              We all have problems now and then when the ISP is on the fritz. I am
              staying with my local ISP as I did not know they were so good until I
              connected with one of the major big time players. So, after a day, I
              disconnected and continued using my present ISP. However, I keep my Juno
              account open and able to log onto the net through Juno and go to Yahoo and
              get my mail, and other mail by POP mail. the Juno account is free, if you
              don't go over 12 or 40 hours a month, don't recall which is it.

              Juno has one of the best email setups there is, in my opinion.

              Sir John
              > Yes I had problems with rootsweb also. But combine this with the
              > just getting my local server to connect. And I was really to bit
              > nails. Good thing the wife and kids are out of town. I would have
              > snapped at her and then gotten a frying pan upside the head. (smile)
              >
              > I am sending this e-mail from work. So I don't know if my home server
              > is ok or not.
              >
              > Steve Alvarez
              >

              > > Found that Ancestory Com has taken over or combining their web with
              > Rootsweb
              > > and reason Rootsweb has been down at times.
              > >
              > > Sir John

            • John L. Mikeska
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
                Steve,

                Read your message and figured it was Ancestry Com combing the good works of
                Rootsweb into their expensive do-dads! (When they called this morning for
                renewal, told them their $69 yearly fee was a little too much for me) . I
                clicked and immediately went to your excellent website. Might be your ISP
                if still having problems.

                Have you checked for noise on your phone line?

                Sir John