Obit posting for new members

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2001

      For those who have recently signed on my site is:

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/

      If you are new and are not aware. We (and I do mean we as a group) have a
      large obit section, which now has a search engine.

      Don't tell yourself,  "Well I have looked at the names in the Index" because
      it is not limited to the name index.  It will bring up everyone and
      everything.  The person who passed away, the preceded in death people,
      pallbearers, survivors or places.  In otherwords everyone and any town or
      place which is listed in any of the obits will show up.   Not just the
      person who passed away. It will also search the Austin County marriage index
      and of course my family tree.

      It can  also take a wildcard.

      An example of this is:

       Pavlicek.  you can type Pav* (use the star symbol ) and it will bring up
      every page which has a name beginning with Pav.

      Once you do a search there will be a search tip button which can help you
      expand your search.

      The search engine is right below the Texasczech index. My site is:

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/

      I have added a guestbook to my webpage, for now it is close to the bottom of my web page. This is just one more tool I have added trying to aid everyone.

      I have added  questions to the guestbook which might help you find a connection with any stranger who might take the time to look.

      The questions are in brief.

      Your Name  (you can put just your 1st name if you want)
      Your e-mail address
      Your surnames
      Your research location ( I put in mine: "Austin County, Texas: the towns of Frydek and Sealy)
      A comment section.

      You can leave any question blank except for the name and e-mail address questions.  I have no control over that.

      As you can see, I tried to ask question to maximizes your odds of a connection. Sort of a brief genealogy summary.   It also has a "View" button which will allow anyone to view all the entries in the guestbook.

      If you mess up and would like me to remove a post let me know and I can delete it out. Just add a second one and tell me which one you want deleted out. I have had to do that twice for myself already. (smile)