Re: [TexasCzechs] Happy Fourth of July

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2000
      It's easy to believe, when my step-father retired from the military they paid 12,000 in 1972.  Several houses across the street from them are now selling for 150,000 to 185,000.  It's all location.  I mentioned to them to sell their house and buy an updated house. But it's their home and they are happy there, so that idea was out of the question.

      God Bless
      Steve

      Alvarez@...
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000
          Hello Listers,

          Saw the Houston Heights mentioned and could not resist putting in my two
          cents. My aunt and her family lived on the corner or Merrill and
          Studewood. Bought the house back in the 20's when it was first built, sold
          it in the late seventies for about $10,000. I spent two weeks with her
          every summer when I was growing up. She passed away last year at the age
          of 105. What a life.

          Mary J. Heard
          mjkraitc@...

        • epereira@swbell.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000
            I am not looking forward to the day that their house will be sold since they will tear it down and put up 3 or 4 of those ugly townhouses in it's place. I like old things, old houses and I think it is a crime that these builders are allowed to do this...Lois