Re: [TexasCzechs] Happy Fourth of July

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 7:58 AM
      Hi

      My mother also lives in the Heights, off of 11th street.  It sure is a beautiful neighborhood.  But development is catching up and changing it.

      God Bless
      Steve

      Alvarez@...
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 5:55 PM
        It's easy to believe, when my step-father retired from the military they paid 12,000 in 1972.  Several houses across the street from them are now selling for 150,000 to 185,000.  It's all location.  I mentioned to them to sell their house and buy an updated house. But it's their home and they are happy there, so that idea was out of the question.

        God Bless
        Steve

        Alvarez@...
        Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek
        No kidding. My stepfather bought the house in 1961 for $5000.00 cash and now they are offering to buy it for over $200,000.00. Go figure....Lois

        Steve Alvarez wrote:

[...]

        Click here for Free Video!!
        http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

      • epereira@swbell.net

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3 5:17 AM
            Hello Listers,

            Saw the Houston Heights mentioned and could not resist putting in my two
            cents. My aunt and her family lived on the corner or Merrill and
            Studewood. Bought the house back in the 20's when it was first built, sold
            it in the late seventies for about $10,000. I spent two weeks with her
            every summer when I was growing up. She passed away last year at the age
            of 105. What a life.

            Mary J. Heard
            mjkraitc@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3 4:51 PM
              I am not looking forward to the day that their house will be sold since they will tear it down and put up 3 or 4 of those ugly townhouses in it's place. I like old things, old houses and I think it is a crime that these builders are allowed to do this...Lois