Happy Fourth of July

  • epereira@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2000
      I hope everyone is having a nice holiday. I am spending the entire
      weekend and through the fourth in a typical Czech fashion,
      WORKING LIKE A DOG. My mother lives in the Houston Heights in a gigantic
      house. It needs to be painted. It has to have all the paint taken off.
      My brothers told me I will have the easy job since I'm a girl. I get to
      take all the caulking out between each (I mean each) board, around the
      windows and doors. I was given a tool the size of sewing machine screw
      driver made just for this purpose. Between 4 of us we have 1/4 of the
      house down ( but only the first story) and we have been at it since
      yesterday. One brother and I have to go to work tomorrow but we get to
      do this again on the fourth. I am really looking forward to going to
      work tomorrow since I can't open my right hand. Now everybody talks
      about how great it is to be Czech and the dedication to work. Sometimes
      maybe it is not a good thing. Maybe we should just scrape and sand it a
      little and then slap the paint on but nooooooo the paint has been on
      there for 17 years and that is only because my mother and stepfather
      used a heat gun and removed all the paint at that time. Little did I
      know that my stepfather would use a tube of caulk on each board and many
      years later I would have to undo all his work. Of course I am just
      venting and we have no intention of doing a half a.. job since it is for
      the Maminka and we just about fall over backwards for that pat on the
      head. The svacina doesn't hurt either. You do a lot of work for homemade
      peach pie, kolaches etc. Of course dinner was roast and sausage (that is
      so we had the strength to continue) :> I hope everyone has a safe and
      happy holiday and think of me pulling out caulk on the 4th....Lois
      Petter Pereira

      Click here for Free Video!!
      http://www.gohip.com/free_video/