Re: REV JOSEF CHROMCIK

  • Chuck Shultz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
      Rick,

      My great grandmother, Mary Frances SCIBA, was baptized by Rev. Josef
      Chromcik. Below is transcript of her Certificate of Baptism that was
      apparently requested in 1947. The 1st sponsor, John HOLOTIK, is my
      gg granduncle. I don't know if the 2nd sponsor, Marie BEKOVSKY, is
      related.

      CERTIFICATE OF BAPTISM
      St. John's Church
      Fayetteville, Texas

      THIS CERTIFIES THAT
      Mary Stiba
      child of Vincent Stiba
      and Frances Stiba
      born in Fayetteville, Texas
      on the 5th day of December, 1881,
      was BAPTIZED on
      the 16th day of December, 1881,
      According th the Rite of the Roman Catholic Church
      by the Rev. Jos. Chromcik
      the sponsors being John Holotik
      and Marie Bekovsky
      as appears from the Baptismal Register of this Church.

      Dated March 6, 1947
      Rev. Frank L. Matustik
      Vol. I Page 87 No. 7

      Chuck Shultz
      http://www.ghg.net/cashultz/family.html
      Researching: SHULTZ, SCHORN, KUHN, SCIBA, HOLOTIK, JANDA, QUITTA,
      MIERZWIK

      --- In texasczechs@egroups.com, Richard Garza <richardgarza1@j...>