Painted Churches

  • Julie Matus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2001
      Hi Everyone -

      I hope a lot of you got to watch the Painted Churches show on
      Channel 8 last night. It was a really good tribute to the Czech
      and German settlers. The picutres in the churches were awesome!

      My husband and I were married in the Ammannsville church. I grew
      up there and I guess we took for granted what a beautiful church
      we had. Now it's so special to go back.

      Speaking of going back - Father's Day is the Ammannsville Picnic.
      Wonderful fried chicken, sausage, potatoes, green beans,
      sauerkraut, peaches, bread, tea and dessert! And of course, there
      will be polka music as well as the country auction and bingo.
      Make plans to go.

      Later, Julie Herzik Matus

      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala, Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

      Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
    • danbea@cvtv.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2001
        Regarding the video "The Painted Churches of Texas : Echoes of the
        Homeland" a co-production of KLRU-TV, PBS, Austin and Sacred Ground
        Communciations, Produced and written by Tom Spencer and Sponsored by the
        Catholic Family Fraternal of Texas, the information that we find here in
        our files is an invoice from Paulist Press, 997 Macarthur Blvd, Mahwah
        NJ 07430, telephone number 201-825-7300. The invoice shows this to be
        Product number CF001 @ $19.95 plus shipping and handling of $5.49.
        Their shipping and warehouse address is 39 RamapoValley Road in Mahwah
        NJ 07430. We received this video in April 2001.

        Bea and Dan Rost