Painted Churches

  • czechmate2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
      Hi Everyone
       For those of you who are interested, I noticed that on PBS -Channel 8 in
      Houston, at 7pm tonight is an hour long program titled "The Painted  Churches
      of Texas; Echoes of the Homeland.".

      Margaret McLean
    • Julie Matus
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2001
        Hi Everyone -

        I hope a lot of you got to watch the Painted Churches show on
        Channel 8 last night. It was a really good tribute to the Czech
        and German settlers. The picutres in the churches were awesome!

        My husband and I were married in the Ammannsville church. I grew
        up there and I guess we took for granted what a beautiful church
        we had. Now it's so special to go back.

        Speaking of going back - Father's Day is the Ammannsville Picnic.
        Wonderful fried chicken, sausage, potatoes, green beans,
        sauerkraut, peaches, bread, tea and dessert! And of course, there
        will be polka music as well as the country auction and bingo.
        Make plans to go.

        Later, Julie Herzik Matus

        Researching:
        Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala, Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

        Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
      • danbea@cvtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2001
          Regarding the video "The Painted Churches of Texas : Echoes of the
          Homeland" a co-production of KLRU-TV, PBS, Austin and Sacred Ground
          Communciations, Produced and written by Tom Spencer and Sponsored by the
          Catholic Family Fraternal of Texas, the information that we find here in
          our files is an invoice from Paulist Press, 997 Macarthur Blvd, Mahwah
          NJ 07430, telephone number 201-825-7300. The invoice shows this to be
          Product number CF001 @ $19.95 plus shipping and handling of $5.49.
          Their shipping and warehouse address is 39 RamapoValley Road in Mahwah
          NJ 07430. We received this video in April 2001.

          Bea and Dan Rost