Re: [TexasCzechs] World Project

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
      "John L. Mikeska" wrote:

      > Steve,
      >
      > Thanks for the url. I am a member of Ancestry CON and thought it was
      > money
      > down the drain!!!!
      >

      > I have found I am using Ancestry.com almost everyday for the census
      > info. I know I am blind but I can actually read it. They are also
      > planning an 1890 type census that will include different sources to
      > make up for the census destroyed by fire. They also are adding city
      > directiories for places like San Antonio Austin Houston etc that has
      > helped me in my search. I guess the main thing is to check it
      > periodically for any new changes. Also Sir John or anyone else, I made
      > a copy of the Wesley Brethren Cemetery Records yesterday and if you
      > want me to look something up let me know........lois
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      [www.debticated.com]

      Lois Petter Pereira
    • Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
        Thanks for this link. I have been having the hardest time getting some
        information from my mother's side of the family (Netardus, Pesek), and both
        of them showed up.

        Leona

        Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
        Director, Office of Institutional Research
        Rice University
        P. O. Box 1892
        Houston, TX 77005-1892
        713-348-6258 (office) 713-348-6252 (fax)

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
          Your Welcome

          I think to try and help people, I am going to post one link a day on different subjects.   I have many links that even I have forgotten about.

          God Bless
          Steve Alvarez

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 7, 2001
            Thanks Steve for posting that link.

            I, too had almost forgotten about it.

            Am still hoping it will help with some of my surnames, but am
            excited to hear about success stories like Sir John and Leona.
            Keep up the good work and keeping sharing your URL's with us. And
            maybe the rest of us could also join in the sharing.

            Richard Kotrla