Re: [TexasCzechs] World Project

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
      Steve,

      Thanks for the url. I am a member of Ancestry CON and thought it was money
      down the drain!!!! Seems they do not know about people in the lower south,
      but more in the east. I typed in my Great grandparents name, which has been
      a brick wall, and up they come!
      Have that info, but see someone posted to that name January of this year.
      Going to follow up on that.

      Thanks

      Sir John
      Here is a link you guys might have forgotten about or did not know about.
      Give it a try.

      http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/

      God Bless
      Steve Alvarez

      Alvarez@...
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek
    • Lois Petter Pereira
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
        "John L. Mikeska" wrote:

        > Steve,
        >
        > Thanks for the url. I am a member of Ancestry CON and thought it was
        > money
        > down the drain!!!!
        >

        > I have found I am using Ancestry.com almost everyday for the census
        > info. I know I am blind but I can actually read it. They are also
        > planning an 1890 type census that will include different sources to
        > make up for the census destroyed by fire. They also are adding city
        > directiories for places like San Antonio Austin Houston etc that has
        > helped me in my search. I guess the main thing is to check it
        > periodically for any new changes. Also Sir John or anyone else, I made
        > a copy of the Wesley Brethren Cemetery Records yesterday and if you
        > want me to look something up let me know........lois
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [www.debticated.com]

        Lois Petter Pereira
      • Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
          Thanks for this link. I have been having the hardest time getting some
          information from my mother's side of the family (Netardus, Pesek), and both
          of them showed up.

          Leona

          Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
          Director, Office of Institutional Research
          Rice University
          P. O. Box 1892
          Houston, TX 77005-1892
          713-348-6258 (office) 713-348-6252 (fax)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
            Your Welcome

            I think to try and help people, I am going to post one link a day on different subjects.   I have many links that even I have forgotten about.

            God Bless
            Steve Alvarez

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 7, 2001
              Thanks Steve for posting that link.

              I, too had almost forgotten about it.

              Am still hoping it will help with some of my surnames, but am
              excited to hear about success stories like Sir John and Leona.
              Keep up the good work and keeping sharing your URL's with us. And
              maybe the rest of us could also join in the sharing.

              Richard Kotrla