Re: [TexasCzechs] Reminder - Texas Folklife Festival

  • Edward Kadlecek
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 5, 2001
      If you happen to be in the area of Stage 9, drop by and see Marlene and
      myself. We will be Emceeing and Stage Managers for Stage 9 over most of the
      Festival as well as performing a one hour show with our band each evening.
      Stage 9 is the best located stage on the grounds, right between the New
      Braunfels Smokehaus German sausage booth and the Czech Heritage Society
      Kolache boothe.
      Occasionally, I will be at the Czech booth with the accordion and we can
      sing many of the old Czech songs.
      Ed & Marlene Kadlecek
      and the Fun Bunch

      >From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      >To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Reminder - Texas Folklife Festival
      >Date: 4 Jun 2001 22:02:01 -0000
      >

      >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
      >
      >Texas Folklife Festival
      >
      >Date: Thursday, June 7, 2001
      >Time: 5:00PM - 11:00PM CDT (GMT-05:00)
      >
      >The Texas Folklife Festival will take place June 7-10, 2001 at
      >the Institute located on Bowie and Durango on HemisFair Park in
      >downtown San Antonio. Admission prices are $8 for adults 13 and
      >over, $2 for children 6-12 years, and free for children 5 years
      >and under. For more information, the general public should call
      >210/458-2300. We hope you will join us June 7-10, 2001, for our
      >30th anniversary celebration.

    • Edward Kadlecek
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 5, 2002
        I would like to add that my band, ED KADLECEK & The Fun Bunch will be
        playing at the TEXAS FOLKLIFE FESTIVAL Friday 7 June on Stage #9 from 8-9pm
        and from 10-11pm. - Saturday 8 June from 1-2pm on Stage #7 and 5:30-7pm on
        Stage #9. - Sunday 9 June from 7-8pm on Stage #9. Come by and try to "stump
        the band" by requesting your favorite old time Czech numbers.
        Marlene and I will be Managing and Emceeing Stage #9 all day Thursday and
        Friday and from Opening until 5:30pm Sunday. Stop by and say HI !! I'll also
        try to get by the Czech booth with my accordion if I can from time to time
        during the Festival to see if we can get some good ol shadetree Czech
        singing going.
        You can pick up the schedule and a lot of good information on the
        internet.
        Ed

        >From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com Reply-To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
        >To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com Subject: [TexasCzechs] Reminder - Texas
        >Folklife Festival
        >Date: 5 Jun 2002 00:02:03 -0000
        >

        >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
        >
        >Texas Folklife Festival
        >
        >Date: Thursday, June 6, 2002
        >Time: 5:00PM - 11:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)
        >
        >Be sure to visit the Bexar County Czech Booth.

      • Erdelt, James N
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
          It is held at the Institute of Texas Cultures on the old Hemisfair grounds at the corner of Bowie and Durango streets just off I-37 in San Antonio.
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
            Hi Kattbee,
            Yes it is fun. It's in downtown San Antonio across from the
            Alamodome at Bowie & Durango (former fairgrounds of Hemisfair '68). If
            you're on I-37 heading into town, just look for the Tower of the
            Americas, it's right there.
            The Bexar County Chapter of the Czech Heritage Society has a
            booth near the front gates. They've set up a beer garden with food &
            beverages, and exhibits, music, etc. Also, don't miss the Tolman Egg
            Collection. The Mmes. Tolman have been collecting decorated eggs from all
            over Europe and have plenty of items about the folklore and customs of
            Bohemia & Moravia. Be sure to visit with them. They'll even teach you how
            to decorate a Czech-style (Kraslice & Rejsky) egg if you want.
            If you really want to see everything, plan to go two days! This
            is one impressive showcase of Texan cultures.
            Rick Garza
            Sharing. It's what it's all about!
            http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

            On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:34:09 -0500 kattbee @ mac.com writes:
            > Hmmmm, sounds like fun,,,,,,,Where would this be held?
            >

            > On Tuesday, Jun 8, 2004, at 19:04 US/Central,
            > TexasCzechs wrote:
            >
            > > Texas Folklife Festival
            > > The 33rd Annual Texas Folklife Festival (June 10-13, 2004) is a
            > > four-day, fun-filled cultural celebration showcasing Texas’

            Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
          • Jake
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
              The Folklife Festival is held on the grounds of the Institute of Texan Cultures.
            • Kris
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 8, 2004
                Thank you kindly! I just happen to be heading that way this weekend.
                Being in Houston, I was not familiar with the San Antonio area. I will
                make a point to stop in!

                On Tuesday, Jun 8, 2004, at 23:15 US/Central, richardgarza1@...
                wrote:

                > Hi Kattbee,
                >         Yes it is fun. It's in downtown San Antonio across from the
                > Alamodome at Bowie & Durango (former fairgrounds of Hemisfair '68). If
                > you're on I-37 heading into town, just look for the Tower of the
                > Americas, it's right there.
                >         The Bexar County Chapter of the Czech Heritage Society has a
                > booth near the front gates. They've set up a beer garden with food &
                > beverages, and exhibits, music, etc. Also, don't miss the Tolman Egg
                > Collection. The Mmes. Tolman have been collecting decorated eggs from
                > all
                > over Europe and have plenty of items about the folklore and customs of
                > Bohemia & Moravia. Be sure to visit with them. They'll even teach you
                > how
                > to decorate a Czech-style (Kraslice & Rejsky) egg if you want.
                >         If you really want to see everything, plan to go two days! This
                > is one impressive showcase of Texan cultures.
                > Rick Garza
                > Sharing. It's what it's all about!
                > http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/
                >

                > On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:34:09 -0500 kattbee @ mac.com writes:
                > > Hmmmm, sounds like fun,,,,,,,Where would this be held?
                > >

                > > On Tuesday, Jun 8, 2004, at 19:04 US/Central,
                > > TexasCzechs wrote:
                > >
                > > > Texas Folklife Festival
                > > > The 33rd Annual Texas Folklife Festival (June 10-13, 2004) is a
                > > > four-day, fun-filled cultural celebration showcasing Texas’

                > Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

                <image.tiff>

                <image.tiff>

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Kristin Bush
                kattbee@...
              • Leroy
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 9, 2004
                  Just a note that out booth this year is at what they call the Back 40. As you enter from the Durango entrance, on the path that leads up to the ITC Building.

                  See ya there.
                  Leroy

                  richardgarza1@... wrote:
[...]

                  TexasCzechs wrote:

                  Texas Folklife Festival
                  The 33rd Annual Texas Folklife Festival (June 10-13, 2004) is a
                  four-day, fun-filled cultural celebration showcasing Texas’

                  Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/mMKtlB/TM

                       http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  .

                • John L. Mikeska
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 26, 2005
                    And what town might this festival be in??????

                    Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
                  • Dolores Miller
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 26, 2005
                      Is the Folklife Festival still in San Antonio?

                      Date: Thursday, June 9, 2005
                      Time: 5:00PM - 11:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

                      The 34th Annual Texas Folklife Festival (Thursday, June 9
                      through Sunday, June 12, 2005) is a four-day, fun-filled
                      cultural celebration showcasing Texas' rich heritage. Visitors
                      enjoy choosing from more than 150 authentic foods created by
                      over 40 ethnic groups, 10 outdoor stages featuring the Lone Star
                      State's finest entertainers, 50 talented arts and craft vendors,
                      along with artisan demonstrations, carnival rides, competitions
                      and so much more!

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                    • JAMES.ERDELT@MED.VA.GOV
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 27, 2005
                        It's in Downtown San Antonio on the grounds of the Institute of Texan Cultures.  The Southeast corner of the old Hemisfair grounds.  corner of Durango and Bowie(where  IH37 crosses Durango)
                        And what town might this festival be in??????

                        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                      • John Kosek
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 27, 2005
                          Message