Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Little help please

  • epereira@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30 9:45 PM
      Now you are on my turf. Rev. Chromcik was the pastor of St. John's Catholic Church in Fayetteville, Tx. The church in Ellinger was first known as Hostyn Church and then changed to St. Mary's Catholic Church. The name Hostyn was used by at least 3 of the churches in Fayette County. It does confusion when you look at old records...Lois Petter Pereira

      Veronica Camarillo wrote:

      Dear Steve,

      Rev.  Chromcik married my great-grandparents: Joseph Simicek & Rozina
      Svinka in 1884. This record was in the St John's Church, Ellinger, TX.
      He later married my great-grandmother and her second husband John
      Spalek on August 10, 1891, according to the marriage license J.
      Chromcik was pastor of Fayetteville.

      Good luck in your search,

      Veronica Valenta Camarillo

      --- In texasczechs@egroups.com, "Steve Alvarez" <alvarez@b...> wrote:
      > Hi guys and gals
      >
      > Pastor Joe Chromcheck in Fayetteville. I know he was a pastor of a
      church in 1881 because he married a Pavlicek to a Wecheta.

      > What church was he a pastor of ?
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > God Bless
      > Steve