Genealogy software

  • G Martisek
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2014
      Message
      I am currently using Family Tree Maker v 16.  However, I am using it on an XP computer.  I cannot load it on my laptop which is Windows 7.

      Any one has suggestions on which programs to use?

      Thanks,

      Gerri
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2014
        Gerri,

        I use Legacy Family Tree Deluxe Edition. They have a basic version, but I would recommend paying for the deluxe edition given how much research you have done.

        http://legacyfamilytree.com/

        Matt

        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2014
          Message
          Gerri,

              I'm pretty sure that FTM v 16 is 32 bit compatible but Windows 7 is 64 bit. If you want to stick with FTM you're going to have to upgrade to a newer version.

                  Beau

          To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com