obit: John Lester Mikeska -- Is this Sir John?

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2014

      John Lester Mikeska, 83, of Beaumont, died Thursday, June 5, 2014, at Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas, Beaumont. He was born on October 5, 1930, to Viola Pearl Garrett and John Rudolph Mikeska, in San Angelo. John married Helen Holcomb on December 23, 1954. He was a member of the Texas Army National Guard. Survivors include his children, Ann Andrus of Vidor and John Alan Mikeska of Beaumont; grandchild, Sgt. Travis Norman Andrus and his wife, Michele, of Fort Bragg, North Carolina; great-grandchildren, Courtney Morgan Andrus and Meagan Grace Andrus; and sister, Wanda Ortel and her husband, Retired Major Howard Dave Ortel, USAF, of Fort Worth. He is preceded in death by his parents and wife, Helen Grace Holcomb Mikeska. A gathering Mr. Mikeska's family and friends will begin at 12:00 p.m. with his funeral service to follow at 2:00 p.m., Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Broussard's, 1605 North Major Drive, Beaumont. His interment will follow at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Beaumont. Memorial contributions may be made to First Baptist Church of Beaumont, P.O. Box 1352, Beaumont, Texas 77704. Complete and updated information may be found at broussards1889.com.

        .

      Published in The Beaumont Enterprise on June 8, 2014

    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2014
        Rosemary and others,

        I'm afraid it is. I found Rick Garza's original posting of his wife's obit in 2006, and some of the other members followed Rick's message with condolences for Sir John.

        Matt Cross

        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
        From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 18:58:25 -0500
        Subject: [TexasCzechs] obit: John Lester Mikeska -- Is this Sir John?

[...]

        Posted by: "Rosemary Ermis" <roseermis@...>
      • Cindy Neal
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2014
          We will miss him dearly. He held my hand for many years through emails and seeing him at CHS meetings. He missed his wife terribly and I know they are together now.

          Cindy

          Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 7:21 PM

          To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
          From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 18:58:25 -0500

[...]

          No virus found in this message.

        • Jan Ischy Prins
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2014
            This is terrible news. So sad to hear this.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 7:21 PM

            To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 9, 2014

              He was always very kind to me.  I shall miss his wisdom and wit.  May he rest in peace. -- Rosemary

              Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 7:21 PM

              To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 9, 2014
                I only got to meet Sir John a couple of times but he was a pleasure to be around. his sense of humor was enormous and he had such great stories to tell. hope he's had a wonderful reunion with his wife in heaven.

                Anita in Caldwell

                Sent from my iPad
              • steve_77450
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 9, 2014
                  My friend will be missed, He was a good man.

                  steve