Re: [TexasCzechs] LaSalle, Texas (for Peggy)

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2001
      Peggy,
      You're right.   It was the Sembera store.  Interesting story.  It's truly a small world.  The Sralla family had a branch living there.  Some of that branch are in Edna, although I've never met them.    Does your Dad remember them?
      Jan

    • epavlik
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2001
        Jan & Peggy:

        I worked for the Soil Conservation Service in Jackson County (Edna, Ganado, LaSalle, etc.) from November 1961 through February 1968.  I knew of both the Sembera and Sralla families.

        Erwin

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2001
          So what can you tell me about them?   : )
          Jan

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2001
            My parents happen to be here for the day - were planning to go to Canton, but with this wonderful weather...????

            I'm going through your emails to pick out details to 'remind' them.  Mom did say that Dorothy Petty was a Sralla (now deceased) and she had a sister Rosemarie, now in Round Rock and then there is Edward, who lives in Edna....  Dorothy was in Dad's class, I think, at Industrial High in Vanderbilt.  Mom also went to same school, but a different class.  Such a small school & really out in the middle of nowhere.  In my family research, unbelievable how many people I've talked to that used to work or teach at that school.

            I helped Dorothy & Pete Petty do some of their shows here in Dallas several years ago (to this day, I will not eat a funnel cake - they sold cute little funnel cake kits & handed out samples), so I actually knew them them a little.

            I'll see if I can get any more information from them.

            Peggy