obituary - Ludwig/Denke

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 11:56 AM
      This is not my Ludwig family but is probably related.

      Waco Tribune-Herald, Tuesday, May 1, 2001
      byline MARLIN

      Irene Ludwig Denke, 87, resident of Clifton, passed away April 29, 2001.  Services will be at 3 p.m. Tuesday, May, 2001 at Perry United Methodist Church with the Rev. Ron Oden officiating.  Interment will be Perry United Methodist Church Cemetery.

      Mrs. Denke was born June 6, 1913, in Falls County, near the Brazos River to Walter and Anna Ludwig.  She attended school in Perry and Matenna.  She was a housewife and worked with her husband farming.  She moved from her home of 47 years in 1990 to a retirement village in Clifton, where she resided at the time of her death.   She was preceded in death by her husband, Adolph Denke; her parents; two brothers, Curtis Ludwig and Vernon Ludwig; and a sister Alice Wolf.

      Survivors include son, Fred Denke & wife Margie; grandson Ronald Denke & wife Marilee; grandaughter, Sandra Denke & husband Michael Napkori; great-granddaughter, Cheyenne Napkori; a brother Harold Ludwig; and two sisters, Esther Springer and Dolly Davis.