obit: Lynwood G. Weiss Jr. - mom Zezula

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2014

      Lynwood G. Weiss Jr., 56, of Goliad, and a former longtime resident of Sarita, died suddenly in an accident on June 22, 2011, in Ranger.

      He was born April 24, 1955, in Kingsville, to Lynwood G. Weiss Sr. and Mary Zezula Weiss. He was a graduate of Riviera High School and Texas A&I University.  Lynwood received his B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and graduated with honors.

      He was a member of an honorary engineering fraternity and a Registered Professional Engineer of Texas. He retired from the Army Corps of Engineers, Galveston.

      Survivors include his wife of seven years, Susan Weiss of Goliad; two daughters, Elisha Phillips of LaMarque and Shallee Biondo of Pasadena; mother, Mary Weiss of Sarita; sister, Mary Lynn Phillip of South Padre Island and two grandchildren.

      Visitation will take place after 4 p.m. on Sunday, June 26 at the Turcotte-Piper Mortuary Chapel in Kingsville.

      A rosary will be recited at 6 p.m. Sunday, June 26 at the Turcotte-Piper Mortuary Chapel.

      A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. June 27 at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Sarita, with the Rev. Kelly Nemeck O.M.I., as celebrant.

      A private burial will take place on Tuesday, June 28 at Chamberlain Cemetery in Kingsville.

      Kingsville Record & Bishop News 2011-June-26