Havran Family

  • medic376@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 3:29 PM
      Hi! My name is Chris Havran and I live in Toledo, Iowa. I am 28 years
      old and am very interested in trying to locate other members of the
      Havran Family! A little about myself. I am a medic for a Des Moines
      (Iowa) area paramedic ambulance service, I work in Iowa's only Level
      1 Pediatric Trauma Center/Emergency Room and I also volunteer for the
      Toledo Emergency Services. I hope to be able to learn more about our
      family and can create some life-long relationships!
    • tjslansky
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 8:55 PM
        Chris,

        My name is T J Slansky, San Antonio, TX, and I am 61 one years of age. I
        myself never lived in the home area; my father moved in 1934 to El Campo, TX
        were I was raised. It was 65 miles away.

        I am one of the keepers of the records for the Josef Havran, Catherine
        Machycek and Annie Martis. Josef and Catherine came to Fayetteville, TX in
        the 1870's. They had three children. Catherine passed away giving birth to
        twins. He remarried to Annie, their first child, Veronica was my father's
        mother.

        An Oswald Havran did the early family research and I have the keeper of the
        present information to the current.

        Josef and Catherine came from Horni Lidec, Moravia.

        I have 432 descendants and 236 spouses on file and many of the current will
        not give any information.

        For the last 16 years we have had a family reunion, but the turn our has
        been very small and unable to get people to help it now will be every other
        year. Not one this year.

        The descendant of the first marriage also have been having a reunion in area
        north of Abilene, TX. where most of them move in the early 1900's, it was
        this pass week end.

        I did not attend, as I had another commitment.

        My wife, Myrna and I are familiar with Des Moines, we moved back from
        Bellevue, NE a year ago after living there three years. In 98 and 99, we
        visited in Cedar Rapids area at Easter time.

        You are a good distant from De Moines.

        We made two trips to Boone with my work and spend the night each time and
        from there we went to St. Paul, MN to work and we visited several locations
        in Iowaon these trips.

        I guess you know, HAVRAN means a Black type of Raven bird and they also
        produce a Havran beer in Vyskov, about 30 km northeast of Brno.

        I have looked on the web in the Horn Lidec phone book and can not find a
        Havran listed.

        I post regularly on this texas e-group and the bottom on most person's
        post; they give family names. I know several of the persons, who write. We
        have been able to help each other with information.

        Many Czech people came to the Fayetteville area from 1880's to 1910. The
        Catholic priest was instrumental in writing to others in the 'Old Country'
        telling them about the good farm land. The only problem is when they married
        or church functions, he did not record full information of record . Only the
        name of the person and date, no full names of parents or location of origin.

        A cousin in Longmont, CO had me send information to a Harvan in Hungary and
        they are now corresponding. They are of the same age and the one in Hungary
        has a daughter with the same name as Linda.

        Chris, do you know where you family came from?

        T J Slansky
        San Antonio, TX
        210-824-0235

        > Hi! My name is Chris Havran and I live in Toledo, Iowa. I am 28 years
        > old and am very interested in trying to locate other members of the
        > Havran Family! A little about myself. I am a medic for a Des Moines
        > (Iowa) area paramedic ambulance service, I work in Iowa's only Level
        > 1 Pediatric Trauma Center/Emergency Room and I also volunteer for the
        > Toledo Emergency Services. I hope to be able to learn more about our
        > family and can create some life-long relationships!

      • John L. Mikeska
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 9:59 PM
          Hi Chris,

          Glad to have you aboard the Texasczechs group.  We are a very willing group and help all we can.

          You have given us the Havran Family you are searching.  Do you know where your ancestors immigrates
          from and approximate year, port they entered the US through; wives maiden names, etc.  You'd be surprised
          how many of our group will pull out their Skeletons, ugh, Family Trees and look, and search books they have.

          Welcome to the group and I can tell you will fit in - anyone that will automatically give a brief description of
          themselves got some Czech blood in them!!! <G>

          Please do not hesitate to ask questions, give input, etc.  We like to help and receive help.  we have several helpers
          and will give any information we have, or go look for it!

          Welcome aboard!

          John L. Mikeska AKA

          Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
          Searching Mikeska/Scasta/Stasta/Balcar/Garrett/Nedbalek

          jlmikeska@...