Re: [TexasCzechs] Dr. Simicek's New Book

  • leo baca
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2001
      Lois,

      My books have been based solely on whether the immigrants were from the
      Czech lands. Dr. Simicek's books are based on emigrants from specific
      villages. The determining factor is geography, not religion.

      Leo

      Lois Petter Pereira wrote:

      > Leo thanks for this info but I am going to ask a silly question if you
      > don't mind. Some of the books I have looked at only dealt with
      > Protestants. Do you know if his work will deal with all the faiths?
      > ....lois
      >
      > leo baca wrote:
      >

      > > Dr. Josef Simicek has just published a new book. It's entitled "The
      > > Pilgrims for Hope, Volume II, The emigration to America during
      > > 1856-1914
      > > from Frenstat and Trojanovice". This is really a definitive work by
      > > Dr.
      > > Simicek. Approximately half of the book is devoted to piecing together
      > >
      > > American and Moravian records for each individual emigrant from
      > > Frenstat
      > > and Trojanovice. The other half of the book is devoted to pedigree
      > > charts for those families that left Frenstat and Trojanovice. The book
      > >
      > > is in English. I have no idea what the cost is, but Dr. Simicek's
      > > mailing address is: 742 75 Lichnov, Czech Republic. As far as I can
      > > tell, he does not have email.
      > >
      > > By the way, this is his third book. His first book "The Hope Has Its
      > > Name Texas" dealt with emigrants from Bordovice and Lichnov during
      > > 1856-1914. His second book "Pilgrims For Hope, Volume I" focused on
      > > emigrants from Mnisi, Ticha, and Vlcovice during 1855-1914.
      > >
      > > Leo Baca
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > [www.debticated.com]

      > --
      > Lois Petter Pereira
      > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
      > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
      > Kaskie, Maciejewski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz,
      > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
      > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser.
      > Home Page: http://ourczech.homestead.com/

    • Lois Petter Pereira
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2001
        Mr Baca thanks so much for the information. I know your books are based
        solely on being from Czech lands but regretfully I have bought some
        books over the internet that did not specify they were strictly
        Protestant and the title didn't hint at it either. That is why I wanted
        to be sure. Since his books are the same criteria as yours then I know I
        will be greatly interested. Thanks again.....lois
        leo baca wrote:

        > Lois,
        >
        > My books have been based solely on whether the immigrants were from
        > the
        > Czech lands. Dr. Simicek's books are based on emigrants from specific
        > villages. The determining factor is geography, not religion.
        >
        > Leo
        >
        > Lois Petter Pereira wrote:
        > >
        > > Leo thanks for this info but I am going to ask a silly question if
        > you
        > > don't mind. Some of the books I have looked at only dealt with
        > > Protestants. Do you know if his work will deal with all the faiths?
        > > ....lois
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [Free Gift with $37 Purchase]

        Lois Petter Pereira