Reading Czech

  • vmichna
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2014
      I have always wanted to learn how to read and translate Czech.  Does anyone have any good ideas as to achieve this?  I don't have an opportunity to speak Czech and have only had partial success with online translators.

      Valorie Michna
    • Allen Livanec
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2014
        There are many Czech language classes offered in Texas. Depends on where you live.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2014
          This got to me to thinking - I wonder what's available online? I came across this post.

          http://www.fluentin3months.com/why-czech-isnt-as-hard-to-learn-as-you-think/

          I've seen this guy's stuff before. His name is Benny Lewis and he did a TEDx talk about how to learn a language in 3 months, and has since written a book. He's obviously talking about conversational fluency and not, say, the fluency required to study at a university level in the Czech Republic.

          Still, some good tips. I also noticed a lot of other sites offering 'learn Czech online.' Worth a google at least.

          Pat Elleven

              Posted by:  vmichna@... vmichna
              Date: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:49 pm ((PST))