Surname Database

  • Richard Garza
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 28, 2000
      Hi Listers,
      Another spot with about 800 surnames (with link to researcher) is at:
      http://www.mujweb.cz/www/mnich/enindex.htm Be sure to check out the
      database.

      Also, a Czech telephone directory is located at:
      http://www.iol.cz/TLF/index.htm
      First search form is for people: enter a surname in "Prijmeni" and a
      city (such as Praha) in "Mesto", press "Odeslat". If you can't enter
      Czech accents in the name, untick the "Diakritika" box.
      Second form is for businesses, enter name at top and city in "Mesto".
      "Telefonni predvolba" in the results is the area code. inCzech .
      And, of course, don't forget Miloslav Rechcigl's page of Czech Resources
      on the Internet at:
      http://www.genea.cz/zdroje/svet.htm#1.B

      Rick Garza
      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Lois Petter Pereira
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 11, 2000
        I have 2600 people in my tree so far but the ones listed in my signature are my direct descendents only..lois

        "Kotrla RJ (Richard)" wrote:

        Dear fellow Czechlister:

        I am inspired to start what at very minimum is an ambitious project!!!

        I have wanted to for a long time begin to build a surname database for the e-list.  And it's now time to quit procrastinating and get it started.

        Initially, I see it the database working this way:  E-listers will submit surnames they are researching along with their name and e-mail address.  I will take this information, and create a database that initially will simply list the surnames and the people researching these surnames.  There are several of us researching the same names and this will give us a concise manner to determine who is researching what surnames so we can then network with one another in regard to these surnames.

        Start posting the info to the e-list, and tag your message "SURNAME DATABASE."  This will allow me to quickly locate the messages with this important info without having to go through all the other messages.  Please understand this will be a work in progress.

        So, now send the info to the list!!!!!!!

        Richard Kotrla

        Lois Petter Pereira
        Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges, Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel, Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz, Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan, Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser

      • kotrlarj@juno.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 11, 2000
          Lois,

          Put the ones you have in your signature and any others you might want
          to add in a list for me so I have them all together with the rest. I
          guess you could send me all 2600... Just kidding!!! If you did, I
          would be busy for years sorting though those alone.

          Richard

          --- In texasczechs@egroups.com, Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@s...>
          wrote:
          > I have 2600 people in my tree so far but the ones listed in my
          signature
          > are my direct descendents only..lois
          >
          > "Kotrla RJ (Richard)" wrote:
          >

          > > Dear fellow Czechlister:
          > >
          > > I am inspired to start what at very minimum is an ambitious
          project!!!

          > > I have wanted to for a long time begin to build a surname database
          for
          > > the e-list. And it's now time to quit procrastinating and get it
          > > started.
          > >
          > > Initially, I see it the database working this way: E-listers will
          > > submit surnames they are researching along with their name and
          e-mail
          > > address. I will take this information, and create a database that
          > > initially will simply list the surnames and the people researching
          > > these surnames. There are several of us researching the same
          names
          > > and this will give us a concise manner to determine who is
          researching
          > > what surnames so we can then network with one another in regard to
          > > these surnames.
          > >
          > > Start posting the info to the e-list, and tag your message
          "SURNAME
          > > DATABASE." This will allow me to quickly locate the messages with
          > > this important info without having to go through all the other
          > > messages. Please understand this will be a work in progress.
          > >
          > > So, now send the info to the list!!!!!!!
          > >
          > > Richard Kotrla
          > > eGroups Sponsor
          > [Click Here!]

          > --
          > Lois Petter Pereira
          > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
          > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
          > Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen,
          Papiz,
          > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
          > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser
        • Richard J Kotrla
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 11, 2000
            John:

            My tie-in is through the Kubenas with a sister of my grandmother on my
            mother's side marrying a Balcar.

            I will shake out the family tree later and give you a definitive answer.

            Thank you for your support.

            Richard
            Richard Kotrla
            Co-Moderator
            TexasCzechs@egroups.com

            Researching: Kotrla, Kotrola, Kristof, Kristoff, Christoff, Kubena,
            Kubeyana, Repka, Balcar, Dusek, Marek, Hunka, Motl, Jezek, Slovacek,
            Jurin, Poncik, Klucasek, Mahac, Martinets, Martinek, Lichnovsky,
            Schiller, Friemel, Minter, Atkinson, Melnar,Machalek, Surovik, Eubanks,
            Groce, Blaha.

            From: John L. Mikeska <jlmikeska@...>
            Date: Tue Dec 12, 2000 4:15am
            Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] SURNAME DATABASE

            Richard!

            What Balcar are you connected to? My g/g/gdfather was
            Vincent Balcar
            (1834 - 1897) married to Jenoefa/Enoefa Matejcek, both
            buried at
            Hranice Cemetery near Dime Box.

            If we're kin, be sure to put me on your Christmas List.

            Richard, you really started something, and it's GREAT!

            Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
            ICQ 48955956

            Researching: Mikeska, Scasta/Stasta, Balcar, Nedbalek,
            Garrett,
            Trimble, Holcomb(e)
          • Lois Petter Pereira
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 12, 2000
              I may include some German by mistake but I am trying to just send the
              Czech surnames..

              Adamczek
              Becak Becka
              Belcik
              Beran
              Bertsch
              Bezecny
              Bily
              Blaha
              Brdusikova
              Breske
              Buse
              Cejka
              Cernosek
              Chovanec
              Cmajdalka
              Coufal
              Danek
              Dippel
              Dirba
              Files
              Fillip
              Franta
              Gajeske
              Goerig
              Hadac Hadash
              Hagens
              Hajovsky
              Halla
              Hlanak
              Hoelschel
              Hoelscher
              Holub
              Hoppe
              Horsak
              Huebel
              Jochec
              Kalas
              Kaluza
              Karonika
              Kaspar
              Klecka
              Klimicek
              Kneifel
              Knesek
              Kocurek
              Kohtz
              Kolojaco
              Kopecky
              Korenek
              Kortis
              Krc
              Krenek
              Kubala
              Kucera
              Kunkel
              Kunz
              Kurek
              Kutra
              Lastovica
              Lenert
              Lichey
              Lidiak
              Lodig
              Lukasik
              Lunz
              Malinak
              Manak
              Marek
              Maresh
              Marik
              Marjan
              Martinka
              Mazoch
              Mertz
              Meskil
              Minka
              Mock
              Mokry
              Mouton
              Mrkwa
              Mrnusik
              Muschalek
              Mussil
              Muzny
              Mynar
              Mynarik
              Naiser
              Navratil
              Nemec
              Nitschke
              Novak
              Novosad
              Oetkin
              Orsag
              Orsak
              Oudyn
              Papiz
              Parma
              Pavel
              Pavelka
              Pavlicek
              Pavlik
              Peters Petter Petr
              Pohl
              Pokluda
              Polasek
              Prasifka
              Pratka
              Prenzler
              Provazek
              Psencik
              Rada
              Raska
              Rayn
              Reuther
              Rohan
              Rosenzwieg
              Roznovak
              Rychlik
              Sablatura
              Seidl
              Shue
              Shula
              Skarke
              Sklar
              Slanina
              Slansky
              Slovack Slovackove Slovak
              Smejdovec
              Stastny
              Steryl
              Sudyka
              Sugarek
              Sula
              Sulak
              Sulik
              Sump
              Supak
              Sury
              Susil Susila Susilova Susily
              Svajda
              Svoboda
              Svrcek
              Tkadlecek
              Tomanec
              Tomecka
              Tupa
              Urban
              Urbanovsky
              Urbansky
              Vaclavik
              Valka
              Vasek
              Vasut
              Viaclovsky
              Viktorin
              Vitek
              VonMinden
              Vyskovil
              Walla
              Zalesky
              Zapalac
              Zelesky
              Zigal
              Zurek
              Zvonek

              Richard if you want the rest I don't have a problem sending you a
              complete surname list, I just didn't want to overwhelm you with names
              you didn't need in your database. Thanks for undertaking this project
              because it will be an asset to our site...lois

              --
              Lois Petter Pereira
            • SharonSims@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 12, 2000
                Here are my contributions:

                Barton
                Kopecky
                Janek
                Vacula
                Slovak
                Prikryl
                Hykel
                Byma
                Palacky

                Sharon Barton Sims

                SharonSims@...
              • Tim Dybala
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 12, 2000
                  Researching:
                  DYBALA
                  ORSAG/ORSAK
                  KRETT
                  KRISTINIK
                  OEHL
                  FILIPP
                  OLSOVSKY
                  KUNETKA
                  WASSEK
                  WEZAK
                • Gary & Marie
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 13, 2000
                    Rabel
                    Hurta
                    Valla
                    Gunther
                    Pearson
                  • Mary J. Heard
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 13, 2000
                      Jak se mas, Friends and Kin?

                      I have included "village of origin" in this list as it might provide others
                      with a place to look when they are searching. The villages are all in
                      Moravia unless otherwise noted. Also, please be aware of the problem we
                      all have with the way others spell our Czech names.

                      Kraitchar/Krajca from Priluk & Lutonina; Kocurek from Hovezi, Huslenky,
                      Halenkov & Zdechov;
                      Mikeska from Zadverice; Supak from Novy Hrozenkov;
                      Matiak from Pofdechov; Jurica from Hovezi;
                      Silar from Nepomuky, Bohemia; Orsak from Novy Hrozenkov;
                      Stalmach from Chrasteshov; Gricman from Hovezi;
                      Jurigacek; Chrastecka from Hovezi;
                      Nedbalek from Zelechovice; Poncik;
                      Marek from Cermna, Bohemia; Waschowska/Waschek/Vasek;
                      Kolinkov; Janigac from Lhota;
                      Tkalc;
                      Konarik from Halenkov;
                      Surovca;
                      Zarska;
                      Safranku from Novy Hrozenkov;
                      Holec;
                      Mlynar;
                      Pavluska from Halenkov.
                      Mary J. Heard
                      mjkraitc@...

                    • 105444.710@compuserve.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 13, 2000
                        I am researching the following: LAZNOVSKY, KOSTKA, ZIKA, TROJACEK, CVACH, CWACH, HONZA.

                        Sylvia Laznovsky
                      • wENDY
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 15, 2000
                          I am a New York Czech. My surnames are:

                          Budelovsky
                          Kux
                          Weitauer

                          Wendy Budelovsky
                        • kotrlarj@juno.com
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 15, 2000
                            Wendy:

                            Glad to hear from you in New York.

                            The neat thing about this list even though it is entitled
                            "texasczechs" we have memmbers from throughout the US and the World!!!
                            Thanks for your contribution.

                            --- In texasczechs@egroups.com, "wENDY" <whrstudio@m...> wrote:
                            > I am a New York Czech. My surnames are:
                            >

                            > Budelovsky
                            > Kux
                            > Weitauer
                            >

                            > Wendy Budelovsky
                          • Larry Kasper
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 15, 2000
                              Richard,
                              These are my surnames of interest:

                              Kaspar (or Kasper)
                              Mrazek
                              Marek
                              Holub

                              I hope to find more!

                              Thanks for your great idea!

                              Larry Kasper
                              A Texas Czech living in exile in Utah.
                            • Marilyn Hay
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 16, 2000
                                Here are the Czech names I am researching. They are all from FAYETTE
                                County.

                                ALBRECHT
                                BARTA
                                HOLUB
                                HRNCIR
                                KORBEL
                                NIKEL
                                SEBESTA

                                Thanks, Marilyn Hay mmhay@...
                              • Willie Petruy
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 16, 2000
                                  Some names for the database:

                                  Petruy
                                  Skopik
                                  Krenek
                                  Rek
                                  Spacek
                                  Sebesta
                                  Franta
                                  Kasparek
                                  Baca
                                  Beseda
                                  Cabron
                                  Susik

                                  Ad infinitum Willie Petruy
                                • tjslansky
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 16, 2000

                                    Surname List:

                                    SLANSKY
                                    BOROS--Hovjesi, Moravia
                                    HAVRAN--Horni Lidci, Moravia
                                    MARTIS
                                    STEPAN
                                    KAHANEK
                                    VITEK

                                    I have information on the following from 1890's to present.

                                    SLANSKY/BAROS  (Fayette Co.)
                                    HAVRAN/MARTIS  (Fayette Co.)
                                    STEPAN/KAHANEK  (Wharton Co.)

                                    T J Slansky
                                    San Antonio
                                  • Carolyn Theuber Louviere
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 29, 2000
                                      Richard,

                                      These are my surnames of interest:

                                      Spacek
                                      Kubena
                                      Muran

                                      Thanks for your great idea!

                                      .....thanks,
                                      Carolyn Theuber Louviere
                                      6110 Pine Cove
                                      Houston, Tx 77092

                                      Home email: ctheuber@...

                                    • a2o@gte.net
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 31, 2000
                                        Please add this name to your database.

                                        HOVORAK-Luzna/Movaria

                                        Thanks
                                        Alton O'Neal Jr.
                                      • SA Barton
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jan 1, 2001
                                          MAS VALE TARDE QUE NUNCA (BETTER LATE THAN NEVER) Sorry don't know phrase in Czech.

                                          Surname - Place - Researcher(s)

                                          BARTON - Hodslavice
                                          TOMAN - Hodslavice
                                          RYC - ?
                                          PALACKY - ?
                                          JANEK - Hodslavice
                                          HROMADKA - ?
                                          ADAM - Hodslavice
                                          KUNETKA - ?
                                          SUGAREK/SCHUGAREK - Hajov, birth records:Rychaltice -
                                          SMOLIK - Sklenov
                                          MACHA - Klokocov
                                          CHOMUTOREK/CHOMUTAREK - Lhota, birth records:Male Kuncice now called Kuncicky u Basky
                                          MICHALETZ - Lhota
                                          SIMICEK/SCHIMICZEK - Hajov
                                          LICHNOVSKY/LICHNOWSKY - Hajov

                                          Submitted by:
                                          Sara Ann Barton
                                          sabarton@...
                                          PO BOX 329
                                          Round Top, TX 78954

                                          HAPPY NEW YEAR and best wishes to all the Czech egroup for a
                                          joyful, healthy, prosperous 2001 and my utmost appreciation for all the wonderful information shared and enjoyment from reading everyone's emails. THANK YOU for the time and effort the moderators put into making this egroup such a success. Sara

                                          • jbucek@wharton.isd.tenet.edu
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jan 5, 2001
                                              I left off one family nane on my list.

                                              Koza (Kossa) Sklenove

                                              Thanks!

                                              Janie Bucek
                                            • Kotrla RJ (Richard)
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jan 27, 2001
                                                Hello, fellow Czechlisters:

                                                Yes, the surname database project is alive and well, although much delayed.

                                                I need 36-hour days to do all I need to do.

                                                The database is looking great, and our goods friend Rick G. and I have been
                                                working hand-in-hand to get this thing online once and for all. Rick, based
                                                on a partial database I sent him, has developed a test web page, and folks,
                                                it looks awesome. Rick has spent many hours teaching himself HTML and he is
                                                fabulous at putting together web pages. I am envious of him as this
                                                something I have been wanting to be proficient at, but simply have not taken
                                                the time to learn it adequately. But I am glad I have Rick as a partner in
                                                this project.

                                                Richard Kotrla