January 19th, Sokol Dallas, Original Moravian Brass Band

  • czechschoolofdallas
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2014
      January 19th, Sokol Zizka Dallas, 7448 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, TX,75231

      MORAVSKÁ JEDENÁCTKA - an Authentic Moravian Dechovka (Brass Band) from the Czech Republic will perform in Dallas.

      Presented by the Czech Educational Foundation of Texas, in partnership with the University of North Texas College of Music.

      Dinner served from 12:00 pm to 2.00 pm - $8.00 Adults, $4.00 Children
      Free Admission for Dance: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm

      Program for children provided by the Czech School of Dallas.

      Come and dance with us.
    • CWarschak@...
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 5, 2014
                    Do you have access to other locations where this bank will be performing?
      • David Slovak
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2014
          They will be performing at the KJT #35 Ennis this Saturday Jan 11.

          David & Michelle Slovák

          (Slovák, Elleven, Galetka, LaPorte, Pavlacka, Adamuska, Janku, Pavone)

          (Zapletal, Muehlstein, Patak, Hykel, Pospišil, Mikesh)

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2014

            Yes, here is their full schedule straight from the member of the band:

            Jan. 10 West KC hall 7-10pm
            Jan. 11.Ennis KJT hall 7-10pm
            Jan. 12 Austin Lutheran Church 2-5pm.
            Jan. 13 Denton College UNT time?
            Jan. 14 Caldwell Civic Center 6:30-8pm
            Jan. 16 La Grange Fair Pavilion 6pm till ?
            Jan. 17 Houston Czech Center 6:30pm till?
            Jan. 19 Dallas Sokol Hall 2-5pm

            Hope you get to see them!

            Nina Marcussen

            www.czechschoolofdallas.org

          • gastzt@...
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 7, 2014
              OH WOW---gee thanks for this info!     Hope to make it to LaGrange to see them!  I live here in Pleasanton,  so that won't be too far!
                Again, thanks a lot!
                Stan Zettner,    Pleasanton, Tx
            • webackmac
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 7, 2014
                Stan,

                I think they will also be in SA.

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 7, 2014
                  Oh wow----that would be fun!   Thanks for the info----   I just love stuff like that for sure!     Right now I'm still playing (accor) with ol' Tony Janak   and whoever, when we play---FUN stuff!    Sometimes with Leroy Markmann----!
                   Stan Z
                • CWarschak@...
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 8, 2014
                                Nina,

                                Thank you for sending the schedule of performances of the Czech Brass Band during their tour.

                                Carroll

                  • czechschoolofdallas
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 8, 2014

                      I am sorry to say, but they won't perform in SA this time. As I mentioned in my previous post, here is a list straight from the band member Ivo Kilian.

                      Jan. 10 West KC hall 7-10pm
                      Jan. 11.Ennis KJT hall 7-10pm
                      Jan. 12 Austin Lutheran Church 2-5pm.
                      Jan. 13 Denton College UNT time?
                      Jan. 14 Caldwell Civic Center 6:30-8pm
                      Jan. 16 La Grange Fair Pavilion 6pm till ?
                      Jan. 17 Houston Czech Center 6:30pm till?
                      Jan. 19 Dallas Sokol Hall 2-5pm

                      Sincerelly,

                      Nina Marcussen

                      Founder, Director of the CZech School of Dallas

                    • czechschoolofdallas
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 8, 2014

                        Carroll, my pleasure.

                        I am looking forward to meeting many "new to me" faces at our dance. We even have an instructor to teach the younger crowd some polka and waltz :)

                        Nina Marcussen

                        Founder, Director at CZech School of Dallas

                      • czechschoolofdallas
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 8, 2014

                          Hope you can make it to one of the performances, Stan.

                          Nina Marcussen

                          Founder, Director at the CZech School of Dallas

                        • gastzt@...
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 9, 2014
                            Oh wow---I sure plan on it-----!  I love to listen to them!   LOTS better than TV for sure----LOL!   Especially when U R by yourself----ha!
                             Stan
                          • gastzt@...
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 9, 2014
                              Caldwell may work for me-----     fun ol' place!    Sure do thank you for your info!     Keep up the good work, ha!
                               Stan Zettner
                            • webackmac
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 9, 2014

                                this is what I saw on Polka Beat.

                                San Antonio

                                La Tuna Gill
                                100 Probandt St, San Antonio

                                Wednesday, Jan 15
                                Czech Dechovka (Brass Band) with Conjunto Puro Corazon
                                7-9:30 PM

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 15, 2014

                                  Great! I must have it wrong than.  Thank you for letting us know.

                                • czechschoolofdallas
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 15, 2014

                                    Hello everyone,

                                    Good news:

                                    Hello everyone,

                                    Let your friends know that we have a dance instructor for this Sunday's event - Moravska Jedenactka Brass Band at the Sokol Dallas. Don't forget, the dance is FREE .

                                    For those who never tried polka or waltz: a famous Karlin Theater dancer, National Theater Opera dancer, and Jezek Conservatory Alumni, a homeschool mom and the DFW Turtle and Tortoise Rescue Group Founder, our very own Barbara Dillard, will give you a short dance instruction starting about 1:15 pm. Don't miss this opportunity!

                                    Get your dancing shoes ready and bring your friends.

                                    Did I say we will be selling REAL Czech Kolaches?

                                    See you there,

                                    Nina Marcussen