RE: ORPHAN TRAIN CHILD IN SCHULENBURG, TX

  • janapivec
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2013

       I just noticed that next year, The Federation of Genealogical Societies is meeting in San Antonio. The meeting is called "Gone to Texas", and the keynote address will be on Orphan Trains, by  Alison Moore and Phil Lancaster (I don't know who they are, but someone out there may)

      The meeting is August 27-30, 2014 at the Marriott Riverwalk
      889 East Market Street San Antonio, TX 78205

      Conveniently located directly across from the
      Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.

      Phone: 210-224-4555 (mention FGS when booking)

      Rate: $129 per night
      Includes FREE Internet and reduced parking prices

      ---In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, <texasczechs@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I am still looking for Theresia Janda Genzer, adopted from the orphan train in Schulenburg, Texas.  She was born about 1894 in New York, New York.  She was adopted by Joseph and Mary Janda in Texas.  On 8 October 1914, she married Stephan Genzer in Fayette County, Texas.  Stephan died in a car wreck on 25 December 1916 in Fayette County, Texas.  They did not have children.  I do not know what happened to Theresia.  Most likely she married again.  Is anyone related to Theresia??  Also, is there a book that tracts orphan train children??  Is she in anyone's family tree with a maiden name Janda or Genzer?  Thank you for helping me.  Angelina Genzer Kretzschmar